Oh wow … Summer-like weather descended on Cincinnati this past weekend – and it appears to continue throughout the upcoming week. How did you spend you weekend?
Our weekend was a small-bit slower than normal because we took it easy Saturday morning and early afternoon. Then again, we still had ballroom time, Quick Step formation practice, ushered at the Playhouse (Vania and Sonia and Masha and Spike), and I worked a shift.
The play was entertaining because a comedy with dysfunctional family members works. It could have been a bit shorter, but we enjoyed it … and given that we ushered, it was free. Here’s what is written on Wikipedia about the play, and take note of the original actors.
It’s possible that one of the posts this week will be something new – something I’ve never done before – believe it or not, writing fiction – but, I seriously doubt this will be a regular endeavor. We’ll see how the week goes.
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Hug Holiday Week, Pet Week, Post Card Week, Raisin Week, Herb Week, Choose Privacy Week, Tourism Week, Dystonia Awareness Week, Be Kind to Animals Week, Children’s Mental Health Week, Dating and Life Coach Recognition Week, Drinking Water Week, Flexible Work Arrangement Week, Kids Win Week, Occupational Safety & Health Week, Alcohol & Drug-Related Birth Defects Awareness Week, Anxiety & Depression Awareness Week, Correctional Officers Week, Family Week, Public Service Recognition Week, Small Business Week, Screen-Free Week, Wildflower Week, New Zealand Sign Language Week
- (Mon) Respect for Chickens Day, Orange Juice Day, Intergalactic Star Wars Day, Firefighters Day, Melanoma Monday, Library Legislation Day, Petite & Proud Day, World Give Day, Star Wars Day, Weather Observers Day, Renewal Day, Candied Orange Peel Day, Bird Day, Make a Book Day
- (Tues) Cinco de May, Cartoonists Day, Childhood Depression Awareness Day, Midwives Day, Totally Chipotle Day, Teacher Appreciation Day, Childhood Stroke Awareness Day, Star Wars Revenge of the Fifth, Hoagie Day, Oyster Day, Chocolate Custard Day, Ferret Day
- (Wed) Grump Out Day, No Diet Day, Bike to School Day, No Homework Day, Nurses Recognition Day, Asthma Day, Occupational Safety & Health Day, School Nurse Day, Beverages Day, Crepe Suzette Day, Tourist Appreciation Day, O. Henry Pun Day
- (Thurs) Prevent Teen Pregnancy Day, Cosmopolitan Day, Barrier Awareness Day, Day of Reason, Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day, Packaging Design Day, Paste Up Day, Roast Leg of Lamb Day, Tourism Day
With this week including Cinco de Mayo, here’s a fitting start to your week. In the words of Speedy Gonzalez (a Saturday Morning Honoree), Arriba! Arriba! Andale! Andale! Andale! … and have a good week.
Another weekend is in the books, so how was yours? Come on now, tell us something.
Ours included an evening of ballroom dancing, a trip to GoettaFest (which was a disappointment, thus the better GoettaFest is in August), various errands, a visit to venue featuring local artists, took my father-in-law to a Sunday brunch, and some things around the house.
My favorite golf tournament was this past weekend, The US Open (which I watched when I could). For me, the course wasn’t my favorite layout. Nonetheless, congratulations to Martin Kaymer (Germany) for the well-earned win. Erik Compton tied for second place. Interestingly, I wrote a special-interest post about him in March 2009.
My eye condition remains, but Saturday included several short episodes when it worsened. On the plus side, the overall condition is relatively stable, and I see my primary physician in a few days.
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Hermit Week, Knit and Crotchet in Public Week, Animal Rights Awareness Week, Meet a Mate Week, Father’s Week, Old-Time Fiddlers Week, Hug Holiday Week, Forgiveness Week, Grasslands Week, Roller Coaster Week, Physical Therapy Week, Take Your Pet to Work Week, Amateur Radio Week, Tennis Week, Men’s Health Week
- (Mon) Fudge Day, Ladies Baseball Day (especially for Elyse), Ride to Work on a Motorcycle Day
- (Tues) Apple Strudel Day, Stewart’s Root Beer Day, Eat Your Vegetables Day
- Wed) Cherry Tart Day, Sushi Day
- (Thurs) Martini Day, Garfield the Cat Day, Juneteenth, Recess at Work Day, Sickle Cell Day, Sauntering Day, Dump the Pump Day
Given recent 20th anniversary of OJ Simpson and the white bronco, here’s an old clip from Jay Leno that is fitting to start your week. Have a bountiful week ahead.
Another weekend leads to another Monday … so how was your weekend?
Mine was a blend of activity and some work around the new residence, but the active side included time in the ballroom, a neighborhood golf outing, and going out to dinner. My wife also volunteered at a local art show that attracts many regional artists … Summerfair is a great event – especially when the weather cooperates.
This weekend also welcomed a new month. For those who missed it, this recent post informs you of June’s month-long celebrations.
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Fishing Week, Step-Parents Week, Teacher Thank You Week, Hug Holiday Week, Brain Tumor Awareness Week, Headache Awareness Week, Volunteer Week, Safe Boating Week, Fragrance Week, America the Beautiful Week
- (Mon) Leave the Office Early Day, Yell ‘Fudge’ at the Cobras in North America Day, Dare Day, TGIM – Thank God It’s Monday, Chocolate Macaroon Day
- (Tues) Repeat Day, Rocky Road Ice Cream Day, Itch Day, Chimborazo Day, Repeat Day
- (Wed) Audacity to Hope day, Tailors Day, Old Maid’s Day, Frozen Yogurt Day, International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- (Thurs) Apple II Day, Hot Air Balloon Day, Moonshine Day, Running Day, Environment Day, Festival of Popular Delusions Day, Gingerbread Day
A trip to the beach is a common summer vacation, so on your next trip to the sandy shores, keep this scene from Mr. Bean in mind. For many of my southern hemisphere readers, think of your beach times from the summer. Have a good week!
For us in the northern hemisphere, spring has sprung. On the other hand, blogging has helped me realize there is another hemisphere that operates in the opposite direction. That is as a warm season is approaching one, it is leaving the other.
How was your weekend. Come on now — fess up! Ours included a dinner evening at good friends, an evening of ballroom, some shopping, and working around the new place.
This Week’s Celebrations
- (Week) Cartoon Appreciation Week, Tourism Week, Drinking Water Week, Flexible Work Arrangement Week, Hug Holiday Week, Raisin Week, Post Card Week, Public Service Recognition Week, Astronomy Week, Red Me Week, Clear Air Week, Herb Week, Family Reading Week, Safe Kids Week, Jewish Heritage Week, Wildflower Week, Detect a Water Leak Week, Food Allergy Awareness Week, Nurses Week, Alcohol & Drug Related Birth Defects Awareness Week, Anxiety & Depression Week, Family Week, Dystonia Awareness Week, Be Kind to Animals Week, Children’s Mental Health Week
- (Mon) Cinco de Mayo, Cartoonists Day, Totally Chipotle Day, Ferret Day, Chocolate Custard Day, Hoagie Day, Midwives Day, Melanoma Monday, Childhood Stroke Awareness Day, Library Legislation Day
- (Tues) No Diet Day, Nurses Day, O. Henry Pun Day, Asthma Day, Crepes Suzette Day, Childhood Depression Awareness Day
- (Wed) Great American Grump Out Day, Bike to School Day, Paste Up Day, Roast of Lamb Day, Occupational Safety & Health Day
- (Thurs) No Socks Day, VE Day, Red Cross/Red Crescent Day, Have a Coke Day, Ovarian Cancer Day, Free Trade Day, Animal Disaster Preparedness Day, Coconut Cream Pie Day, Time of Remembrance & Reconciliation for Those Losing Lives during WW II, Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day
The decision for your Monday Morning Entertainment has me torn between Cinco de Mayo and Cartoon Appreciation Week. Given the dilemma, maybe it is best to provide two offerings for you. First, here’s one of my favorite Bugs Bunny scenes.
Secondly, a merengue is a great dance for Cinco de Mayo. Enjoy … and have a good week!