After an election process that has been too long, too costly, and too damn goofy, the election has tested our spirits and patience. While some are upset, others gloat. While some cautiously watch, some don’t worry – even though they are leery.
My Thanksgiving wish for 2016 is that everyone enjoy the gathering. Don’t talk politics, but enjoy the company. Don’t talk politics, but enjoy the food and beverages. Don’t talk politics, but enjoy laughter. Don’t talk politics, but enjoy the little things. Don’t talk politics, but be thankful for all the good people in the world. Don’t talk politics, so smile and be kind – after all, you probably have a lot to be thankful for.
Safe travels for those who will spend time on the road. To those who don’t have family gatherings, peace to you. Happy Thanksgiving … and I’m thankful for all the good people I’ve encountered on my little corner of the world.
There’s got to be a song for you below. Which did you pick? …. and you can have more than one. 🙂
How was your weekend? Come on now … tell us about it.
A cool, dreary weekend here, but those in the northeast US are getting ready to get hammered with a mega-snow. Good luck to my readers up there!
Our weekend had a variety that included dancing, seeing the movie The Theory of Everything (an awesome movie), and ushering at the Cincinnati Playhouse for Ring of Fire: The Music of Johnny Cash. The play featured songs from the American country-music icon while telling a story about his life. Fabulous voices and musicians (which I think were better than this local review). Do you know this song?
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Kiss a Shark Week, Leprosy Awareness Week, Clean Out Your Inbox Week, Cowboy Poetry Gathering Week, Snow Sculpturing Week, Glaucoma Awareness Week, Meat Week, Hot Air Balloon Week, Nurse Anesthetists Week
- (Mon) Clashing Clothes Day, Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day, Peanut Brittle Day, Toad Hollow Day of Encouragement, Australia Day, Television Day, Lotus 1-2-3 Day, Rocky Mountain National Park Day,
- (Tues) Mad Tea Party Day, Thomas Crapper Day, Day of Commemoration in Memory of the Victims of the Holocaust Day, Mozart Day, Fun at Work Day, Chocolate Cake Day, National Geographic Day, Punch the Clock Day
- (Wed) Kazoo Day, Pop Art Day, Data Privacy Day, Daisy Day, Challenger Remembrance Day, Blueberry Pancake Day, Ernie’s Day, Thank a Pluggin Developer Day
- (Thurs) Curmudgeons Day, Freethinkers Day, Puzzle Day, Seeing Eye Dog Day, Carnations Day, Corn Chip Day
The above celebrations provide multiple opportunities to start your week, but I know many of the readers here love a sing along. Have a good week … and hopefully I can read more of your posts than I have been!