Good weather came upon Cincinnati this weekend. Warm, pleasant temperatures, blue skies, and mild breezes. Perfect for the spring cleaning in the yard … but hey … no more of that for me!
How was your weather? What did you do this weekend?
Ours included a dance, work, a neighborhood wine event, and Quick Step formation practice. Looking ahead, I’m hoping for a full week of posting.
Meals: The Musical returns this week. Act 2 features Fruits. Song titles must include fruit(s) or any nutritional fruit in the song title. There are many choices available, so hopefully last week’s record of 5 rejection buzzers won’t be topped. Warning: The producer considers tomatoes as a vegetable.
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Garden Week, Harmony Week, Be Kind to Animals Week, Guitar Week, Reading is Fun Week, Home Safety Week, Volunteer Week, Library Week, Public Safety Telecommunications Week, Student Employment Week, Private Property Week, Dark Sky Week, Week of the Young Child, Pan American Week, American Indian Awareness Week, Undergraduate Research Week, Health Information Privacy and Security Week
- (Mon) Scrabble Day, First Elephant in America Day, Peach Cobbler Day, Blame Someone Else Day, Plant Appreciation Day, Thai-Lao-Burmese New Year
- (Tues) Moment of Laughter Day, Library Workers Day, Dictionary Day, Ex-Spouse Day, Children with Alopecia Day, Equal Pay Day, Be Kind to Lawyers Day, Dolphin Day, Library Day, Pecan Day, Bengali New Year, Pan American Day
- (Wed) Holocaust Remembrance Day, Take a Wild Guess Day, That Sucks Day, Titanic Remembrance Day, Husband Appreciation Day, Leonardo da Vinci Day, World Art Day, Rubber Eraser Day, Art History Day, Jackie Robinson Day, McDonald’s Day, Go Fly a Kit, Book Mobile Day, Glazed Spiral Ham Day, Art History Day
- (Thurs) High Five Day, Day of the Mushroom, Save the Elephant Day, Celebrate Teen Literature Day, Get to Know Your Customers Day, Ask An Atheist Day, Eggs Benedict Day, Health Care Decisions Day, Stress Awareness Day, Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day
Friday’s post included an image of a pig on a motorcycle. Saturday’s post featured cartoon legend Porky Pig … so, let’s make it a pig trilogy. Have a good week!
Another weekend has past. What did you do?
A portion of Christianity (not the Orthodox) celebrated the highest Holy Day of the church calendar, thus we attended a wonderful service – plus hosting my father-in-law for dinner. Surprise, surprise … no ballroom for us this weekend because we traveled to northern Indiana to visit an aunt who recently moved.
With my weekend travels, I’m behind on replying to comments on Saturday’s Explore travels to India. Couple that with being behind on visiting, I won’t be posting on Tuesday … thus the next post will be Wednesday, Satire Bits. I have posts in the queue that I could use, but passing on a day is the right thing to do.
Monday is Opening Day in Cincinnati as the Reds start the baseball season. It’s a big day here, so I may spend a few hours walking around downtown taking in the sights and the festivities … but I won’t decide until Monday morning. Until Major League Baseball (MLB) elevated their level of greed, Opening Day in Cincinnati was the official start to the season for the entire league … but no more as officially starts Sunday night for television dollars … and even (some years) somewhere aboard … therefore, we in Cincinnati simply ignore that event.
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Straw Hat Week, Astronomy Week, Scoop the Poop Week, Read a Road Map Week, Bat Appreciation Week, Library Week, Robotics Week, Explore Your Career Options Week, Blue Ribbon Week, Public Health Week, Window Safety Week, Egg Salad Week, Mule Days, Bake Week, Medic Alert Week, Publicity Stunt Week, Cherry Blossom Week, Week of the Young Child, Birthparents Week
- (Mon) Jump Over Things Day, Caramel Popcorn Day, Sorry Charlie Day, New Beers Eve, Plan Your Epitaph Day, Tartan Day, North Pole Day, TV Dinner Day, Post-It Notes Day, Teflon Day, Tater Day for Sweet Potatoes, Hostess Twinkie Day, North Pole Day, Drowsy Drive Awareness Day, Day of Sport for Development & Peace, Alcohol Screening Day
- (Tues) Beer Day, Beaver Day, Coffee Cake Day, Metric System Day, No Housework Day, Snailpapers Day, Public Television Day, Empowered Women Entrepreneurs Day, World Health Organization Day, Sexual Assault Awareness Day of Action
- (Wed) Draw a Bird Day, Roma Day, Dog Fighting Awareness Day, Empanada Day, Trading Cards for Grown-Ups Day, All is Ours Day, Zoo Lovers Day, Tutor Appreciation Day, Milk in Glass Bottles Day, Astronomy Day
- (Thurs) Name Yourself Day, Cherish an Antique Day, Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day, D.A.R.E Day, Chinese Almond Cookie Day, Bataan Day, TV Guide Day, Powdered Milk Day, Listening Day, Jenkins Ear Day, Winston Churchill Day, Appomattox Day
There are times when opposites attract, thus making odd friendships or couples. Enjoy these examples from the unexpected. Have a good week.
How was your weekend? Hopefully you had a chance to enjoy yourself. Did you have good weather? Come on … tell us about your weekend!
We had warm, dry weather, so our weekend was full of activities and interactions – such as out to dinner with a group of new neighbors, ballroom time, hosted our first family gathering, the handbell choir played at two services (I couldn’t find a recording or video), my first trip to the golf driving range, and watching the Masters golf tournament.
Life: The Musical returns this week with a curtain time of 9:30 PM (Eastern US) Wednesday. The theme for Act 2 is “Born” – so get your song title that includes any of these words: born, birth, baby, or babies.
Your celebrations for the week
- (Week) Wildlife Film Week, Crime Victim Rights Week, Environmental Education Week, Robotics Week, Library Week, Undergraduate Research Week
- (Mon) Dictionary Day, Moment of Laughter Day, Pecan Day, Pan American Day, Ex-Spouse Day, Dolphin Day
- (Tues) Take a Wild Guess Day, That Sucks Day, Bicycle Day, Art Day, Library Day, Rubber Eraser Day, Stress Awareness Day, One Day Without Shoes Day, Glazed Spiral Ham Day
- (Wed) Bookmobile Day, Save the Elephant Day, Eggs Benedict Day, Day of the Mushroom
- (Thurs) Bat Appreciation Day, Blah! Blah! Blah! Day, Ellis Island Family History Day, Haiku Poetry Day, Nothing Like a Dame Day, High Five Day, Ford Mustang Day, Get to Know Your Customers Day, Poem in Your Pocket Day, Cheeseball Day
We went from harvesting spaghetti from trees to marshmallow farm, so the journey continues with the wonders of M&M farming. Enjoy and have a good week!