How was your weekend? Come on now … tell us about it.
A cool, dreary weekend here, but those in the northeast US are getting ready to get hammered with a mega-snow. Good luck to my readers up there!
Our weekend had a variety that included dancing, seeing the movie The Theory of Everything (an awesome movie), and ushering at the Cincinnati Playhouse for Ring of Fire: The Music of Johnny Cash. The play featured songs from the American country-music icon while telling a story about his life. Fabulous voices and musicians (which I think were better than this local review). Do you know this song?
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Kiss a Shark Week, Leprosy Awareness Week, Clean Out Your Inbox Week, Cowboy Poetry Gathering Week, Snow Sculpturing Week, Glaucoma Awareness Week, Meat Week, Hot Air Balloon Week, Nurse Anesthetists Week
- (Mon) Clashing Clothes Day, Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day, Peanut Brittle Day, Toad Hollow Day of Encouragement, Australia Day, Television Day, Lotus 1-2-3 Day, Rocky Mountain National Park Day,
- (Tues) Mad Tea Party Day, Thomas Crapper Day, Day of Commemoration in Memory of the Victims of the Holocaust Day, Mozart Day, Fun at Work Day, Chocolate Cake Day, National Geographic Day, Punch the Clock Day
- (Wed) Kazoo Day, Pop Art Day, Data Privacy Day, Daisy Day, Challenger Remembrance Day, Blueberry Pancake Day, Ernie’s Day, Thank a Pluggin Developer Day
- (Thurs) Curmudgeons Day, Freethinkers Day, Puzzle Day, Seeing Eye Dog Day, Carnations Day, Corn Chip Day
The above celebrations provide multiple opportunities to start your week, but I know many of the readers here love a sing along. Have a good week … and hopefully I can read more of your posts than I have been!
How was your weekend? I hope it was filled with joy and good spirits. Meanwhile, feel free to share about it because I enjoy reading about your life.
My legs are tired … not sore – just tired. Yep … you guessed it … we danced Friday night, attended a dance workshop Saturday afternoon, danced Saturday night, and closed the dancing weekend with a few spins around the floor on Sunday. We also took my father-in-law to a Sunday brunch, plus watched The Blind Side (again). Now there’s a movie showing humanity’s good side!
Act 16 marks the return of Life: The Musical returns. Death is the next-to-the-last act featuring songs with death, die, died, or dead in the title. Curtain time is Wednesday at 9:30 PM (US Eastern), so get your songs ready.
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Freshly Squeezed Juice Week, Bald Eagle Appreciation Healthy Weight Week, Hunt for Happiness Week, Snowmobile Safety & Awareness Week, Handwriting Analysis Week, No Name Calling Week, Sugar Awareness Week, Special Education Week, Dance to Different Music Week
- (Mon) Brew a Potion Day, Hat Day, Popcorn Day, Tin Can Day, Whisper I Love You Day, Sing-out Day, Day of Service, New Friends Day, Day of Migrants & Refugees
- (Tues) Penguin Awareness Day, Disc Jockey Day, Cheese Day, Learn to Ski Day, Buttercrunch Day, Camcorder Day, Rid the Word of Fad Diets & Gimmicks Day
- (Wed) Hugging Day, Squirrel Appreciation Day, Granola Bar Day, Send a Hug Day
- (Thurs) Answer Your Cat’s Questions Day, Poka Dot Day, Come in from the Cold Day, Blonde Brownie Day, Data Innovation Day, Women’s Healthy Weight Day
For those who expected starting your week around Popcorn Day, well … this one is for you, so click This. (No click on, just click … and writing the directive was for Val, but it’s meant for everyone.)
To start your week with a chuckle, enjoy this commercial that I saw for the first time this weekend. Have a good week.
Greetings … so how was your weekend?
How about your weather? Cincinnati started cold zero F (-17 C), but hey hey hey, Sunday’s temp climbed to mid-30s (2 C). Then again, I know some of you are more northern than I.
Our weekend centered around the ballroom. Our tango formation attended a competition as an exhibition. All considered, we did OK … but I enjoyed watching a variety of individual competitors. Some of you ladies would have enjoyed the gowns. Simply wow … and at the exhibits I noticed that dresses priced over $4K!
After a hectic day, we took Saturday night to finally watch the Kennedy Center Honors show. That was awesome entertainment. Did you see it?
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Cuckoo Dancing Week, Vocation Awareness Week, No Tillage Week, Universal Letter Writing Week
- (Mon) Feast of the Fabulous Wild Men Day, Marzipan Day, Curried Chicken Day, Pharmacist Day, Clean Off Your Desk Day
- (Tues) Blame Someone Else Day, Rubber Duckie Day, Make Your Dream Come True Day, Poetry at Work Day, Public Radio Broadcasting Day, Peach Melba Day
- (Wed) Kite Day, Dress Up Your Pet Day, Bald Eagle Appreciation Day, Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day, Organize Your Home Day
- (Thurs) Humanitarian Day, Champion of the Month Day, Elementary School Teacher Day, Freshly Squeezed Juice Day, Get to Know Your Customers Day, Strawberry Ice Cream Day, Snowflake Bentley Day
Given that many of you enjoyed Mahna Mahna to start last week, thought I would use The Muppets to highlight one of the daily celebrations above. Did you notice it? Have a good week!
Greetings and Happy New Year … and welcome to 2015’s first Monday Morning Entertainment!
How did you spend time the past two weeks?
Our Christmas holiday was busy, thus included two 3-hour+ drives to family, a movie (The Imitation Game – aFa recommended!), an afternoon at a museum, hosting two dinners, attending two college basketball games, gatherings with friends, and (of course) a bit of ballroom time.
For those who enjoyed the Exploring series, please leave recommendations for future posts. Think person, place, or thing.
The start of the year is a good time to renew Life: The Musical … after all, only three acts remain. Act 15’s theme will the “Growing Old”, so song titles must include old, older, oldest, elderly, or aging. Act 15 starts Wednesday at 9:30 PM (Eastern US).
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) New Year’s Resolution Week, Celebration of Life Week, Diet Resolution Week, Silent Record Week, Someday We’ll Laugh About It Week
- (Mon) Bird Day, Blue Monday, Weigh-in Day, FM Radio Day, Second-hand Wardrobe Day, Bozo the Clown Day, Whipped Cream Day, TGIM Day (Thank God It’s Monday)
- (Tues) Bean Day, Cuddle Up Day, Shortbread Day, Divorce Monday, Pepe Le Pew Day, Sherlock Holmes Day, Schoolhouse Rock Day, Hug a Smith Day
- (Wed) Bobblehead Day, I’m Not Going To Take It Any More Day, Harlem Globetrotters Day, Tempura Day, Old Rock Day, Fruitcake Toss Day, Organize Your Home Day
- (Thurs) Argyle Day, Bubble Bath Day, Earth’s Rotation Day, English Toffee Day, Joy Germ Day, Show & Tell at Work Day, War on Poverty Day
Many readers here enjoy when The Muppets start their week … so enjoy this classic, which has a perfect code word for asking later in the week. Have a good week!
For the record, I’m not mad that it’s Monday … nor am I mad that the weekend is over … nope, the hectic nature of the holiday season doesn’t make me mad. Therefore, I’ll explain later.
The holiday season is in full swing, and the weekend before Christmas is always hectic. How was your weekend? Ours involved an evening of ballroom and a whirlwind cross-state trip (3+ hours each way). After returning home, tango formation practice and a Christmas party concluded our weekend.
My wife knows many Christmas carols, but I was surprised to discover that she didn’t know this one. Do you know it?
An important reminder to everyone. The Kennedy Center Honors is one of the shows that we love at this time of year. It’s simply several hours of outstanding entertainment and tributes. This year’s honorees are Al Green, Tom Hanks, Sting, Lily Tomlin, and Patricia McBride, so there will be a plethora of outstanding performers participating in the tributes. The event occurred earlier this month, but CBS will air it on December 30 9-11 pm (Eastern US) … and it’s worth the watch!
Celebrations for your week and ahead
- (Week) Bird Count Week continues
- (Mon – 22) Haiku Poetry Day, Date Nut Bread Day
- (Tues- 23) Festivus, Human Light Day, Roots Day, Pfeffernuesse Day
- (Wed – 24) Egg Nog Day, Last-Minute Shopping Day
- (Thurs -25) No ‘L’ Day, Pumpkin Pie Day, Merry Christmas
- (Fri – 26) Whiner’s Day, Boxing Day, Coffee Percolator Day, Candy Cane Day, Thank-You Note Day, Day of Goodwill
- (Sat – 27) Howdy Doody Day, Visit the Zoo Day, Fruit Cake Day, Holocaust Remembrance Day
- (Sun -28) Chocolate Day, Endangered Species Day, Card Playing Day, Call a Friend Day, Chocolate Candy Day
- (Mon – 29) Tick Tock Day, Pepper Pot Day
- (Tues – 30) Bacon Day, Falling Needles Family Fest Day, Day of Enormous Changes at the Last Minute Day, Relaxation Day, Bicarbonate of Soda Day
- (Wed – 31) Leap Second Time Adjustment Day, Make Up Your Mind Day, No Interruptions day, One Voice Day, Champagne Day, Universal Hour of Peace Day, Dice Day, Look on the Bright Side Day, World Peace Meditation Day, New Years Eve
To send you into the week, nope – not a holiday song – but a leftover from Life: The Musical – Act 14: Negative Emotions … thus the reason I’m mad … very mad.