Greetings from the changing weather in Cincinnati.
Although we just missed a major snow dump, a blast of bitter cold will grip us through Wednesday morning. After Sunday afternoon’s high of 44 F (6 C), change is happening with Monday’s forecast being a high of 3 F (-15 C) … and that will be in the morning as it will be falling during the day. From there, we are expecting a low of -9 F (-23 C) with wind chills of -30 F (-35 C) with more of the same on Tuesday. No, that is not normal Cincinnati weather!
Anyway, how was your weekend? What did you do? Ours included going to the movies for Saving Mr. Banks (which we enjoyed) and then watching the Hitchcock classic Rear Window at home.
With January being Soup Month, we celebrated with and enjoyed this Italian Wedding Soup recipe from Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa).
After both of my college football teams lost their bowl games, the Cincinnati Bengals keep the longest streak in the NFL of not winning a playoff game continues at 23 years and counting. Cincinnati fans need not to worry because baseball season on the near horizon, and the Reds streak of not winning a playoff series is only 18 years. Oh the agony of it all!
Even though its good to return to the comfort of my normal posting cycle, the recent Exploring series was fun to do. Thanks for the positive feedback.
The final act of Time: The Musical is on the schedule for this week. Curtain time is 9:30 pm (Eastern US) Wednesday with a Seasons theme. So, get your songs ready with titles include season(s), fall, autumn, spring, summer, and winter. Beware – those words in compound-word form (such as springtime) are not acceptable.
Celebrations for your calendar!
- (Week) Somebody-Will-Laugh-About-It Week (ends Wed), Folic Acid Awareness Week, 3-D Week
- (Mon) Cuddle-Up Day, Thank God It’s Monday Day,
- (Tues) I’m-Not-Going-to-Take-It-Anymore Day, Fruitcake Toss Day, Tempura Day, Harlem Globetrotter’s Day
- (Wed) Argyle Day, Bubble Bath Day, Earth’s Rotation Day, English Toffee Day, Women’s Day, JoyGerm Day, Show-and-Tell-at-Work Day, War on Poverty Day, Happy Birthday Elvis
- (Thurs) Balloon Ascension Day, Static Electricity Day, Apricot Day, Dance Day
Given the winter weather blasting much of the USA, let’s start the week with a wintertime chuckle. Thanks to Guapo for finding this one. Have a good week!