How was your weekend? Most importantly, I hope yours was safe.
We returned to the dance floor for the first time. Wow … it’s amazing how much one can forget! But we had fun and it was good to see some dance friends again.
We also went out to dinner with two unique groups. First, with our those from our neighborhood-to-be, and the next night with our current neighbor. Our current neighborhood has been wonderful for many years, but it seems like our future is also in good hands.
We also spent time with my mother-in-law. She’s struggling, so who knows how much longer she’ll be with us. Thanks for all your positive thoughts and concerns.
Woo hoo!!!! The Take 5 series got off to a great start. A special thanks to my guest, Marina, who also took the time to reply to comments.
With this being Thanksgiving week in the USA, it may not be a normal week of posting.
Time to take note of these upcoming celebrations
- (Week) Better Conversation Week, Game & Puzzle Week, Care Givers Week
- (Mon) Blasé Day
- (Tues) Cake Day
- (Wed) Day of Listening, Tie One on Day, Pins & Needles Day, Bavarian Cream Pie Day
- (Thurs) Thanksgiving (US), Hanukkah, Letter Writing Day, Maize Day, Gone-to-Pot Day, French Toast Day
Let’s get on with jump starting your week. Better yet, let’s approach this task with a little bit of snap. Have a good week ahead!
How was your weekend?
Ours was suppose to close with a blast of fierce weather, which (in some ways) is fitting for what is currently happening within our family. For for our location, the storm whimpered by.
Many thanks for the well-wishes regarding my in-laws. When I read the locations of the comments to my MIL, she commented, All for us? – To which, I smiled and delivered a Yes.
Thankfully, my wife’s sister and our nieces came to town. The hospital released my FIL Saturday afternoon. As my MIL continues to struggle, the family also had a chance to talk.
I’m hoping to return to normal posting this week. To help with my time management, my visiting elsewhere will most likely be limited, but I’ll may try.
This week marks the return of Time: The Musical, with Act 9 featuring extended time. Examples of words in the title include decade(s), century(ies), era(s), epoch(s), and potentially others. “Years” can be used if and only if the number is at least 100. A future date as 2525 is not acceptable. Get your songs ready! Curtain time is Wednesday, 9:30 pm (Eastern US).
Here are some upcoming celebrations for your calendar
- (Week) Book Awareness Week
- (Mon) Married-to-a-Scorpio Support Day, Mickey Mouse Day, Push-Button Phone Day, Vichyssoise Day, William Tell Day
- (Tues) Equal Opportunity Day, Have-a-Bad-Day Day, World Toilet Day, Rocky & Bullwinkle Day, Men’s Day, Carbonated Beverage with Caffeine Day
- (Wed) Name Your PC Day, Peanut Butter Fudge Day, Absurdity Day, Universal Children’s Day, G.O.H.A.R.D, My dad would be 88 today
- (Thurs) Alascattalo Day, Beaujolais Nouveau Day, Hello Day, Use Less Stuff Day, False Confessions Day, Stuffing Day
To start your week with a chuckle, here’s what happens when prepared man meets determined goose. Have a good week.
Another weekend is in the files, so how was yours? Surprise, surprise … we stayed busy!
My wife continues to follow doctor’s orders, so no ballroom for us. Our weekend considered of hosting a friend for dinner and wine, a college football game, playing euchre with a few neighbors, and being caretakers as both of my in-laws had recent setbacks.
Last week I mentioned our Japanese Maple was approaching being full red. One week later, it’s about 50% bare.
By the way, is anyone else suddenly not receiving emails about new posts from those you follow?
Celebrations for your week ahead
- (Week) Dear Santa Letter Week, Pursuit of Happiness Week, Geography Awareness Week, Kindness Week
- (Mon) Origami Day, Orphan’s Day, Sundae Day, Air Day
- (Tues) Pizza with the Works Day, Happy Hour Day, Moms & Dads Day, Chicken Soup for the Soul Day
- (Wed) Kindness day, Indian Pudding Day
- (Thurs) Pickle Day, Teddy Bear Day, Lossen-Up Lighten-Up Day, Guacamole Day, Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day
Whether its Veterans Day, Remembrance Day, Armistice Day, or by any other name or even another day, for many it’s a day to honor the living who served. For others, it’s a day of remembrance for those who sacrificed. Either way, I’m foregoing my traditional Monday Morning Entertainment for a tribute to the original day while providing two appropriate videos around In Flanders Field – the top as a poem, the bottom as a hymn. Take your pick
Have a good week.
Another weekend is in the books, so how was yours?
Because my wife “no ballroom” for two weeks instructions from the doctor, we stayed home on our normal dance night to open a bottle of good wine and watch a movie. Saturday was full with a funeral visitation, a contractor at the house, handbell rehearsal, and the church’s 50th anniversary celebration event, Saturday flew by.
The handbell piece premier was only acceptable – mainly because we played in a big room that is acoustically dead – a real sound killer! However, we had three good rings Sunday morning!
In this past post featuring a fall-colors walk in my neighborhood, many commented about our fiery Japanese Maple. It’s transition is in progress, so this image is from Saturday when we could see the transition with hints of green, deep maroons, and brilliant reds. (But this pic didn’t capture it as I hoped.) Interestingly, we could see more change on Sunday.
Many thanks for the testimonials. I hope to publish the new subpage sometime this week. Many thanks … and for others, I’m still taking them here.
Upcoming celebration notes for your calendar
- (Week) Split Pea Soup Week, Fig Week
- (Mon) Candy Day, Job Action Day, Chicken Lady Day, Traffic Directors Day, Use Your Common Sense Day (sadly, that has to be promoted)
- (Tues) Doughnut Day
- (Wed) Nachos Day, Saxophone Day, Marooned without a Compass Day
- (Thurs) Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day, Gin Day, Men Make Dinner Day, Hug a Bear Day, Magazine Day
My favorite pro hockey team is the St. Louis Blues. Many of you also realize there is also a song of that name. Plus, it is also fitting as the city’s baseball Cardinals caused fans to sing the blues for losing the World Series. For your Monday Morning Entertainment, enjoy the St. Louis Blues – but done in a quirky way. Have a good week.
Hi there. How was your weekend? What did you do? Did you have good weather?
We weren’t racing around like other weekends, but we still got in a night of ballroom, a dinner-group evening with a Mediterranean theme, visited my mother-in-law as she continues to gain strength and confidence, and a low-key Sunday watching football and walking two miles.
Time: The Musical is the next post with Act B – Brevity, featuring songs with time words as minute(s), second(s), moment(s), tick(s), and other possibilities.
Here are this week’s celebrations
- (Week) Magic Week, Peace Friendship & Good Will Week
- (Mon) Chocolates Day, Lung Health Day, Separation of Church and State Day, Ochi Day (Greece)
- (Tues) Cat Day, Republic Day (Turkey), Gnocchi Day, Pancake Day, Basketball Coaches Day,
- (Wed) Checklist Day, Candy Corn Day, Zero Tasking Day, Haunted Refrigerator Night
- (Thurs) Halloween, Caramel Apples Day, Magic Day, UNICEF Day, Knock-Knock Jokes Day
To start your week with a chuckle, Viveka (our Swedish humorist, photographer, chef, and former dancing maiden) says this is her favorite commercial. Enjoy … and have a good week!