Brrrrr … after a beautiful day on Friday to lead us into the week, Saturday slapped us with a dose of cold – thus not a great day to attend an outdoor wedding reception in the evening … but hey … it was a wonderful event for an outstanding family. The rest of the weekend was filled with numerous errands and (of course) time on the ballroom floor. How was your weekend? Is the weather changing in your area?
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Character Counts Week, Chemistry Week, Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week, Bullying Bystanders Unite Week, Infection Prevention Week, Mediation Week, Forest Products Week, Friends of Libraries Week, Lead Poisoning Prevention Week, Massage Therapy Week, Respiratory Care Week, Pastoral Week, Save for Retirement Week, Ally Week, Freedom of Speech Week, Disarmament Week, Health Education Week, Nuclear Science Week, School Bus Safety Week, Radon Action Week, Wildlife Week, Rainforest Week, Hepatitis Awareness Week, Dystonia Awareness Week, Adult Immunization Awareness Week, Consumers Week, Business Women’s Week
- (Mon) Brandied Fruit Day, Clean Up Your Virtual Desktop Day, Lung Health Day, Miss American Rose Day
- (Tues) Reptile Awareness Day, Pumpkin Cheesecake Day, Babbling Day, Celebration of the Mind Day, Iodine Deficiency Disorder Prevention Day, Apple Day
- (Wed) Nut Day, Mother-in-Law Day, Cap Locks Day, Stuttering Awareness Day, Smart is Cool Day, Make a Difference Day
- (Thurs) Mole Day (as in chemistry), Swallows Depart from San Juan Capistrano Day, iPod Day, TV Talk Show Host Day, Boston Creme Pie Day
To send you into the week, here’s comic Tom Shillue version of Trololo, although I can’t recall you guided me to him (for some reason, Cynthia comes to mind.) Nonetheless, thanks to whomever … and cheers to a good week ahead.
Another weekend down, actually our next to the last in this home. How was your weekend?
Ours was a mix of packing and events to get me away from the task at hand, so I did get some fun in as the wonderful wine tasting event and dinner at the home of friends – plus it was a handbell Sunday (of which we played well). The wine event is an annual fundraiser in which attendees as given a glass and put into a room with 700+ wines for 2 1/2 hours. No … we don’t try to sample all!!!
A special thanks to all who visit and comment during my absence!
This coming week is a big one on for us as it includes
- the bank’s appraisal and inspection of our next home (as the results could delay the closing
- our inspection of the new location
- the closing of our current home
Celebrations for you week (10-16)
- (Week) Save Your Vision Week, Camp Week, Pancake Week, Celebrate Your Name Week, Return Borrowed Books Week, Chocolate Chip Cookie Week, Procrastinators Week, Brain Awareness Week, Bubble Gum Week, Music in Schools Week
- (Mon) Fill Our Staplers Day, Middle Name Pride Day (I’m a Paul), Day of Awesomeness, Mario Day, Land-Line Telephone Day, Napping Day, Blueberry Popovers Day
- (Tues) Dream Day, Oatmeal-Nut Waffles Day, Johnny Appleseed Day, Plumbing Day, Home Office Day
- (Wed) Dennis the Menace Day, Baked Scallops Day
- (Thurs) Donald Duck Day, Earmuffs Day, Good Samaritan Involvement Day, Coconut Torte Day, K-9 Veterans Day, Mothering Day, Open an Umbrella Indoors Day, Smart & Sexy Day, Kidney Day
- (Fri) Ask a Question Day, MOTH-ER Day, Potato Chip Day, Scientists Day, Organize Your Home Office Day, Check Your Batteries Day, Save a Spider Day, Sleep Day, Learn About Butterflies Day, Pi Day (here’s a place to celebrate)
- (Sat) Buzzard Day (one of my favorite days, so here’s the history), Brutus Day, Ides of March, Quilting Day, Corn Dog Day, True Confessions Day
- (Sun) Artichoke Hearts Day, Curfew Day, Lips Appreciation Day, Vitamin C Day, Quilt Day, Everything You Do is Right Day
Last week I showed the first Monday Morning Entertainment, so in that spirit, here’s the second. Have a good week.
Given I substituted the regular Monday Morning Entertainment for a bunch of trivia threw some for a loop, but sometimes it’s all about timing. Therefore, this is the Tuesday edition of Monday Morning Entertainment.
Cincinnati is getting a dose of warmer weather this week, so it looks as if the upcoming rain will melt much of the snow. Although I can’t imagine that winter is over, the upcoming muddy and slushy mess will be a welcomed change.
Celebrations for your calendar
- (Week) Wildlife Week, Nestbox Week, Poison Prevention Week, Condom Week, Through with the Chew Week, Date Week (the fruit)
- (Tues) Thumb Appreciation Day, Battery Day, Cow Milked While Flying in an Airplane Day, Pluto Day, Crab-Stuffed Flounder Day
- (Wed) Chocolate Mint Day (thus a trip to Graeter’s), Single Tasking Day, Cherry Coke Day
- (Thurs) Love Your Pet Day, Hoodie Hoo Day (northern hemisphere), Day for Social Justice, Clean Out Your Bookcases Day, Toothpick Day, Cherry Pie Day
I know gymnastics and basketball are Summer Olympic competitions, but with the Winter Olympics from Sochi currently in progress, here’s a head-shaker to start your week. Have a good rest of the week.
Greetings everyone! How was your weekend? Hopefully an ample combination of safe, sound, productive, and enjoyable.
I hope to return to normal posting this week. Although I wasn’t posting, I found all the comments visitors left regarding my mother-in-law to be special and uplifting. They were so special to me, simply writing “Thank you” isn’t enough.
The funeral was Saturday, and we are confident she would have enjoyed the service, the music, and the sermon. Fortunately, the weather was much better than Friday and Sunday morning.
The delayed act of Time: The Musical is on my docket for Wednesday 9:30 pm (Eastern US), so get your videos featuring videos with song titles that include “time” in the form as a compound word – such as, nighttime, wintertime, dinnertime, etc.
Celebrations for your week.
- (Week) Human Rights Week, Lager Beer Week
- (Mon) Weary Willie Day, Eqil Skallagrissom Day, Pastry Day, Apple Pie Day, Shareware Day, Day of the Horse
- (Tues) Human Rights Day, Lager Day, Dewey Decimal System Day, Nobel Prize Day
- (Wed) Mountain Day, UNICEF Day, Noodle Ring Day
- (Thurs) Gingerbread House Day, 12-Hour Fresh Breath Day, Poinsettia Day, Ding-a-Ling Day Ambrosia Day
With Monday honoring Weary Willie, which has nothing to do with my post about baseball’s All-Time Willies, let’s start the week with music by One String Willie. Enjoy … and have a good week.
How was your weekend? Come on now, tell us about it.
Mine included time on the ballroom floor, watching football, having dinner and playing Uno with friends, volunteering in the inner city, playing free money at the casino (we didn’t win), and walking around a part of downtown Cincinnati that is having a rebirth.
As I mentioned on Friday, I’m phasing myself into a blogging break, so I’ll return midweek for that dose of satire to recharge your week.
Here are your reasons to celebrate each day. By the end of the week, I will post of list for the rest of September because I don’t want you to miss celebrations during my blogging break.
- (Week) Line Dance Week
- (Mon) Teddy Bear Day, Chrysanthemum Day, Wonderful Weirdos Day
- (Tues) Swap Ideas Day, Sew Be It Day
- (Wed) National Day of Service & Remembrance, Hot Cross Buns Day, No News is Good News Day, Odd Day, Libraries Remember Day, Make Your Bed Day (hey Moms, use this), and Happy Birthday Viveka
- (Thurs) Video Games Day and Chocolate Milkshake Day
To help celebrate September’s Piano Month while getting your week off to a good start, enjoy this outstanding, unique, must-watch piano duet.
Have a good week!