Greetings for cold Cincinnati. Then again, a blast of bitter cold is upon much of America. As Boston and much of New England continues to get hammered by the white stuff, Cincinnati could be about to receive the first significant snow of the season … and then the storm moves toward Boston. Yikes!
How was your weekend? The cold limited us a little, but hey, one night on the ballroom floor and another at a dinner-dance by the Cincinnati’s Italian-American Society. Otherwise, it was low-key for us, but we’re looking forward to watching the 40th anniversary show for Saturday Night Live.
Those commenting of this weekend’s Explore post received a surprise from me. Did anyone pass it on to others?
Posts may be a bit out of kilter this week, but time will tell. Sometime soon (either this week or next), I will start my winter blog break. Those who take blog breaks know their importance. For me (this time), I hope to still be around visiting and commenting, but I want time for writing and reorganizing some of the pages here.
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Through with the Chew Week, Condom Week, Nestbox Week, Alzheimer’s & Dementia Staff Education Week, Justice for Animals Week, Brotherhood/Sisterhood Week, Date (the fruit) Week, Pancake Week
- (Mon) Do a Grouch a Favor Day, Nylon Day, Almond Day, 9-1-1 Day, U.S. President’s Day, Family Day
- (Tues) Who Shall I Be Day, Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday), Random Acts of Kindness Day, Champion Crab Races Day, Human Spirit Day, Cabbage Day, My Way Day
- (Wed) Cow Milked While Flying in an Airplane Day, Battery Day, Crab Stuffed Flounder Day, Thumb Appreciations Day, Drink Wine Day (a rule of thumb for me)
- (Thurs) Chocolate Mint Day, Chinese New Year, The Great American Spit Out, Iwo Jima Landing Day, Friendship Day, Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood Day
To start your week, Cynthia shared this with me several weeks ago. Although it’s a viral hit, maybe some of the readers here haven’t see it. Enjoy … and have a great week.
Another weekend down, actually our next to the last in this home. How was your weekend?
Ours was a mix of packing and events to get me away from the task at hand, so I did get some fun in as the wonderful wine tasting event and dinner at the home of friends – plus it was a handbell Sunday (of which we played well). The wine event is an annual fundraiser in which attendees as given a glass and put into a room with 700+ wines for 2 1/2 hours. No … we don’t try to sample all!!!
A special thanks to all who visit and comment during my absence!
This coming week is a big one on for us as it includes
- the bank’s appraisal and inspection of our next home (as the results could delay the closing
- our inspection of the new location
- the closing of our current home
Celebrations for you week (10-16)
- (Week) Save Your Vision Week, Camp Week, Pancake Week, Celebrate Your Name Week, Return Borrowed Books Week, Chocolate Chip Cookie Week, Procrastinators Week, Brain Awareness Week, Bubble Gum Week, Music in Schools Week
- (Mon) Fill Our Staplers Day, Middle Name Pride Day (I’m a Paul), Day of Awesomeness, Mario Day, Land-Line Telephone Day, Napping Day, Blueberry Popovers Day
- (Tues) Dream Day, Oatmeal-Nut Waffles Day, Johnny Appleseed Day, Plumbing Day, Home Office Day
- (Wed) Dennis the Menace Day, Baked Scallops Day
- (Thurs) Donald Duck Day, Earmuffs Day, Good Samaritan Involvement Day, Coconut Torte Day, K-9 Veterans Day, Mothering Day, Open an Umbrella Indoors Day, Smart & Sexy Day, Kidney Day
- (Fri) Ask a Question Day, MOTH-ER Day, Potato Chip Day, Scientists Day, Organize Your Home Office Day, Check Your Batteries Day, Save a Spider Day, Sleep Day, Learn About Butterflies Day, Pi Day (here’s a place to celebrate)
- (Sat) Buzzard Day (one of my favorite days, so here’s the history), Brutus Day, Ides of March, Quilting Day, Corn Dog Day, True Confessions Day
- (Sun) Artichoke Hearts Day, Curfew Day, Lips Appreciation Day, Vitamin C Day, Quilt Day, Everything You Do is Right Day
Last week I showed the first Monday Morning Entertainment, so in that spirit, here’s the second. Have a good week.
After a few days of a weather-flirt with spring, the week ahead appears to be a return to winter temperatures. After our abnormally cold winter, I’m ready to move toward complaining about the summer heat and humidity.
How was your weekend? Come on now … tell us what you did!
It was an odd weekend for me. While I’m home slaving away packing for a move, my wife is with her sister cruising in the Caribbean. Sorry … but that just doesn’t sound as much fun as wrapping paper, bubble wrap, boxes, and tape. Plus, I (for some ridiculous reason) took on a short project for a client. On the plus side, it provides a break from packing. Also, believe it or not, I did go to a dance studio.
Celebrations for your calendar!
- (Week) Pancake Week, Homes for Birds Week, Pickle Time Week, New Idea Week, Bird Health Awareness Week, Secondhand Wardrobe Week
- (Mon) Tortilla Chip day, Trading Card Day, Cupcake Day, Museum Advocacy Day, Bartender Day
- (Tues) Chocolate Covered Peanuts Day, Quiet Day, Let’s All Eat Right Day
- (Wed) Thermos Bottle Day, Tell a Fairy Tale Day, First Movie Cartoon Day, For Pete’s Sake Day, Pistachio Day, Personal Chef Day
- (Thurs) No-Brainer Day, Kahlua Day, Polar Bear Day, Chili Day
To start your week with a chuckle, this video reminds me of last February’s trip to Italy. Thanks to Debra (@ Bagni di Lucca and Beyond) for this one. Enjoy … and have a good week.