Since my last post, Cincinnati has been muggy and usually rainy. Unfortunately, the weather cancelled our neighborhood’s annual Fourth of July gathering. But the weather didn’t stop us from finding some enjoyable indoor events as
- an outstanding dinosaurs Omnimax film and exhibit at the Cincinnati Museum Center
- several good movies at home (Moneyball and the original Manchurian Candidate) with good wine and Harry and David Moose Munch
- current film Much Ado about Nothing (interesting and one that Shakespeare lovers will enjoy)
- time on the ballroom floor
- several trips to Costco and Graeter’s (for National Ice Cream Month)
After a few days of not posting, it’s time to get back to the action. For a look at the week ahead, this week is Nude Recreation Week, plus plan on celebrating International Town Crier Day (Monday), Hot Dog Night (Wednesday), Pina Colada Day (Wednesday), and Simplicity Day (Friday).
Do you remember Peter the Elephant’s antics with the piano last week? Well, here’s Peter to once again start your week. Have a good week!
Another weekend in the books. The biggest events of our weekend was a night of ballroom and attending a dinner/dance fundraiser for the Make a Wish Foundation. How was your weekend?
It’s a new month, which is loaded with reasons to celebrate.
For starters, Happy Canada Day to the Canadians!
A few of the many July celebrations include Mango and Melon Month, Nectarine and Garlic Month, National Blueberries Month, and National Ice Cream Month (yes … Graeter’s).
For those enjoying reasons to celebrate, later this week is World UFO Day (Tuesday), International Cherry Pit Spitting Day (Saturday), Beans and Bacon Days (3-7), and Chocolate Day (Sunday).
Meanwhile, this week also includes a national holiday for we Americans, which means a short posting week for me.
- Next is Time: The Musical – Months; so get your tunes ready that include month, months, monthly, or a specific month in the title
- Wednesday will be the typical mid-week dose of satire
- Thursday brings a tribute to the holiday
- Therefore, no Opinions in the Shorts or Saturday Morning Cartoons this week
This video will start your week started with a smile. Yes, a trunk full of music. Have a great week ahead.