Whew … an interesting weather weekend for Cincinnati. From Friday’s sunny and pleasant day, to Saturday’s sunny, very warm, and muggy, to Sunday’s rains. Then again, that’s April … and for us in the northern hemisphere, April is generally better than March.
How was the weather in your area? What did you do this weekend? Come on now – tell us something.
Our weekend involved an evening of ballroom, taking long walks, working Sunday, ushering at church, attending a wedding, and Quick Step formation practice. Meanwhile, I need to explain Quick Step.
For those remembering a geography trivia question in the last Opinions in the Shorts, see Stamford, go north, south, east, and west, from Stamford Connecticut (or Connecticut’s southwestern corner). For my standpoint, List of X was also correct – and as I responded to him, the person who first asked me the question many years ago included “population center” in the question. X – how did you determine your answer?
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Cleaning for a Reason Week, Organize Your Files Week, Medical Labs Week, Human Violence Awareness Week, Laboratory Animal Liberation Week, Home Furnishings Week, Wildlife Film Week, Consumer Awareness Week, Money Smart Week, Infant Immunization Week, Park Week, Police Officers Who Gave Their Lives in the Line of Duty Week, Administrative Professionals Week, Bedbug Awareness Week, Coin Week, Fibroid Awareness Week, Oral-Head-and-Neck-Cancer Awareness Week, Crime Victims Rights Week, Environmental Education Week, Infertility Awareness Week, Karaoke Week, Pet ID Week, Princess Week, Bubblegum Week, Sky Awareness Week, Week of the Ocean, Bike Safety Week, Pan American Week, Boys & Girls Club Week, Adult Films Week, Explore Your Career Week, Science & Technology Week
- (Mon) Cuckoo Day, Food Day, Look Alike Day, Lima Bean Respect Day, Pineapple Upside Down Cake Day, Chinese Language Day, Pot Smokers Day, Medical Marijuana Day, Make a Quilt Day, Volunteer Recognition Day, Get to Know Your Customers Day
- (Tues) Red Baron Day, Bulldogs are Beautiful Day, Rosita’s Birthday (Sesame Street), Kindergarten Day, Jet Passenger Service Day, Surprise Drug Test Day, Chocolate Covered Cashews Day, San Jacinto Day, Tuna Rights Day, Big Word Day
- (Wed) Earth Day, Jelly Bean Day, April Shows Day, Administrative Professionals Day, Global Selfie Earth Day
- (Thurs) Talk Like Shakespeare Day, Take a Chance Day, Picnic Day, Nose Picking Day, Garlic Day, Movie Theater Day, Lost Dogs Awareness Day, Cherry Cheesecake Day, Impossible Astronaut Day, Take Your Kids to Work Day, English Language Day, World Book & Copyright Day, Home Run Day, Shirley Temple Day, Fire Drill Day, Lover’s Day, Laboratory Day, Peppercorn Day
Some commercials are very fitting to start your week with a smile. This one is from across the pond, so our European friends may be familiar with this one. Have a good rest of the week.
Although not in my normal posting time slot, Happy Monday to all. I’m late this week because we returned home later than initially anticipated. Besides, I still haven’t replied to comments from Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
We drove cross state to Cleveland on Friday for a variety of events – primarily for my wife’s high school reunion and attending one-day of the Bridgestone Invitational Golf Tournament at the famed Firestone Country Club, which has annually hosted professional golf since 1954 … and in 1974, three tournaments!
We initially planned to attend on Saturday, but the times were changed in anticipation of horrible afternoon weather … so we attended Sunday – which included an hour rain delay. My mother-in-law’s favorite golfer was Phil Michelson, so since she passed away last December, my wife wanted to follow him … and she claims her mother’s karma was with Phil has he whipped off 10 birdies in route the tournament’s second best round. He was fun to watch … and cheers to Rory McIlroy for winning … but because of the 3+ hour drive home, we didn’t stay until the end.
Outside of National Historic Places, Ohioans don’t think of their state was having a national park … but it does – Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Given we had about two hours before we had to be at my sister-in-laws, we went to the park’s Visitor’s Center before going to Brandywine Falls (Google pics) and one of the intact locks in the Erie Canal. Then I joined our brother-in-law for a round of golf while my wife went to her reunion. Because of the change in the Saturday’s golf tournament schedule, we returned for a Saturday morning walk on the canal’s towpath, then spent the rest of the day relaxing at my sister-in-laws.
Enough of my weekend, how was yours? Come on now … tell us something!
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Tree Climbing Days, Clown Week, Simplify Your Life Week, Breastfeeding Week, Assistance Day Week, Exercise With Your Child Week, Farmers’ Market Week, Fraud Awareness Week, Old Fiddler’s Week, Stop on Red Week, Exhibitor Appreciation week, Rock for Life week, Bargain Hunting Week, Psychic Week
- (Mon) Chocolate Chip Day, Champagne Day, Assistance Dog Day, Nut Monday, Picnic Day, Youth Day, Coast Guard Day
- (Tues) National Night Out, Oyster Day, Underwear Day, International Beer Day
- (Wed) Play Day, Wiggle Your Toes Day, Root Beer Float Day, Fresh Breath Day, Hiroshima Day
- (Thurs) Lighthouse Day, Particularly Preposterous Packing Day, Purple Heart Day, Raspberries & Cream Day, Sea Serpent Day
To help you start your week, here’s a clip of the zaniness from a comedy variety show from way back when (well, yesterday for some of us) – the Rowan & Martin Laugh In. Have a good week ahead!
It was a holiday weekend for us, but we weren’t overwhelmed with busy. We spent time dancing, shopping, watching TV, walking, and entertaining my father-in-law for Easter. With Easter being the highest Christian day, the handbell choir played 3 songs at back-to-back services. Here’s a good recording of a short, but energetic song.
Come on now, tell us about your weekend!
We’ve had a streak of warm days, and it appears the streak will continue throughout the week. Therefore, it looks like the start of golf league shouldn’t be delayed again.
Celebrations for the week ahead.
- (Week) Cleaning for a Reason Week, Consumer Awareness Week, Bubblegum Week, Police Offers Who Gave Their Lives in the Line of Duty Week, Paperboard Packaging Week, National Park Week, Animal Cruelty Awareness Week, Bedbug Awareness Week, Coin Week, Fibroid Awareness Week, Whistlers Week, Infertility Awareness Week, Karaoke Week, Princess Week, Pet ID Week, Sky Awareness Week, Oral-Head-&-Neck Cancer Awareness Week, Playground Safety Week, Work Zone Safety Awareness Week, Safe Kids Week
- (Mon) Bulldogs are Beautiful Day, Dyngus Day, Kindergarten Day, Chocolate-Covered Cashews Day
- (Tues) Earth Day, Jelly Bean Day, April Showers Day
- (Wed) Impossible Astronaut Day, Marconi Day, Movie Theater Day, Talk Like Shakespeare Day, Picnic Day, Nose Picking Day
- (Thurs) Pigs in a Blanket Day, Guide Dogs Day
Those who know Bulldog noticed the Monday reference, so I encourage everyone to visit him to leave a Happy Bulldogs are Beautiful Day greeting on his About page. (Click here)
To start your week, here’s a commercial that Viveka shared with me. Enjoy it … and have a good week ahead!