How was your weekend? I’m sure you did something that you enjoyed, so come on .. tell us about it.
Mine was filled. It started Thursday night by attending a community theater performance of Young Frankenstein, then a college football game Friday night, ushering at Cincinnati Playhouse (Safe House, a premier run), practicing for our participation in a tango formation, and stuff around the homestead. Also, our weather was wonderful, and Monday is supposed to be super … which means the weather will be turning soon thereafter.
This week looks like a probable milestone week, The Blog Stats box near the bottom of the sidebar shows that I’m approaching 200,000. I hope I get to see the turnover.
Last week I posted about the Arizona wine I receive from my Secret Santa. Jeff (@ The Drunken Cyclist) has organized the 2015 exchange. Although his deadline has passed, he invites my interested readers to join in the fun … but do so ASAP. Here’s the link to the post for the guidelines. Remember, ASAP.
Life: The Musical returns this week with Act 11 featuring Hope … so let your songs ready with Hope, Hoped, Hoping, or Hopeless in the title. Curtain time will be Wednesday, 9:30 pm (Eastern US).
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Magic Week, Save Your Back Week, Rainforest Week, Red Ribbon Week, Peace Friendship & Goodwill Week, Prescription Errors Education & Awareness Week, Origami Week, Asexuality Week, Give Wildlife a Break Week, Kids Care Week, Infertility Awareness Week
- (Mon) Cranky Co-Workers Day, Potato Day, World Day for Audiovisual Heritage
- (Tues) Chocolate Day, Ghost Busters Day, Separation of Church and State Day, Ochi Day (Greece), Gone-ta-Pott Day
- (Wed) Gnocchi Day, Dracula Bites Day, Hermit Day, Pancake Day, Psoriasis Day, Basketball Coaches Day, Cat Day, Internet Day
- (Thurs) Checklist Day, Zero Tasking Day, Candy Corn Day, Haunted Refrigerator Night, Create a Great Funeral Day
I tagged this one when stats when 5 digits identified the hits … and that was early last week … so the hits are now 7 digits. Gotta love Charlie! Enjoy and have a great week.
Brrrrr … after a beautiful day on Friday to lead us into the week, Saturday slapped us with a dose of cold – thus not a great day to attend an outdoor wedding reception in the evening … but hey … it was a wonderful event for an outstanding family. The rest of the weekend was filled with numerous errands and (of course) time on the ballroom floor. How was your weekend? Is the weather changing in your area?
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Character Counts Week, Chemistry Week, Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week, Bullying Bystanders Unite Week, Infection Prevention Week, Mediation Week, Forest Products Week, Friends of Libraries Week, Lead Poisoning Prevention Week, Massage Therapy Week, Respiratory Care Week, Pastoral Week, Save for Retirement Week, Ally Week, Freedom of Speech Week, Disarmament Week, Health Education Week, Nuclear Science Week, School Bus Safety Week, Radon Action Week, Wildlife Week, Rainforest Week, Hepatitis Awareness Week, Dystonia Awareness Week, Adult Immunization Awareness Week, Consumers Week, Business Women’s Week
- (Mon) Brandied Fruit Day, Clean Up Your Virtual Desktop Day, Lung Health Day, Miss American Rose Day
- (Tues) Reptile Awareness Day, Pumpkin Cheesecake Day, Babbling Day, Celebration of the Mind Day, Iodine Deficiency Disorder Prevention Day, Apple Day
- (Wed) Nut Day, Mother-in-Law Day, Cap Locks Day, Stuttering Awareness Day, Smart is Cool Day, Make a Difference Day
- (Thurs) Mole Day (as in chemistry), Swallows Depart from San Juan Capistrano Day, iPod Day, TV Talk Show Host Day, Boston Creme Pie Day
To send you into the week, here’s comic Tom Shillue version of Trololo, although I can’t recall you guided me to him (for some reason, Cynthia comes to mind.) Nonetheless, thanks to whomever … and cheers to a good week ahead.
Here’s a surprise – A full weekend for us of ballroom, a special dance competition, a birthday party, and we saw the movie The Trip to Italy, which wasn’t my cup of tea but the scenery and the food looked fabulous. The dance competition was so special, I should do a post on it. The handbell choir played again this weekend, and 1 or 2 people noticed I wasn’t playing, thus said something. For those interested, here’s their piece.
Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends for their Monday celebration. Don’t forget to search Trash Can Turkey on YouTube because that’s how Catherine’s (@Always a Redhead) family cooks their turkey. Fascinating, especially because I never heard of this.
Life: The Musical returns this week with Act 10 being all about Play … after all, Act 9 featured Work. So get your songs ready with any of the following in the title: Play, Playing, Fun (not funny), OR any fun activity. Be careful because some word as Play and Playing can be used in situations that aren’t fun, in which the producer could be a bit testy. Curtain time is this Wednesday, 9:30 PM (Eastern US).
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Pet Peeve Week, Take Your Medicine Week, Bone & Joint Health Awareness Week, Earth Science Week, Getting the World to Beat a Path to Your Door Week, Chestnut Week, Food Bank Week, Teen Read Week, Veterinary Technicians Week, Week without Violence Week, Rainforest Week, Food & Drug Interactions Week, Space Week, Fire Prevention Week, Home Based Business Week
- (Mon) Kick Butt Day, Yorkshire Pudding Day, Skeptics Day, African Penguin Awareness Day, Chess Day, Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day, International Day of Failure, Egg Day, Train Your Brain Day, Canadian Thanksgiving
- (Tues) Wear It Pink Day, Be Bald and Be Free Day (Bold is Beautiful Day), Face Your Fears Day, Spider Man Day, Chocolate Covered Insects Day
- (Wed) Hagfish Day, Information Overload Day, Mushroom Day, Day of Rural Women, Roasted Pheasant Day, Chicken Cacciatore Day, Cake Decorating Day, I Love Lucy Day, Fossil Day, Poetry Day, Take Your Parents to Lunch Day, Grouch Day, Latino AIDS Awareness Day, White Cane Safety Day, Mom is a Student Day, Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day
- (Thurs) Department Store Day, Oatmeal Day, Dictionary Day, Boss’s Day (which is actually everyday), Get to Know Your Customers Day, Get Smart about Credit Day, Feral Cat Day, World Food Day, Conflict Resolution Day, Spirit Day
To send you into the week with a smile, here’s a local news report about an annual Cincinnati event that occurred in September. Besides, I imagine somebody somewhere celebrated Octoberfest this past weekend. I love this because I can see two of the dogs of friends in our new neighborhood doing this … especially with me at one end. Enjoy and have a good week.