Embed from Getty Images
Cincinnati has been warmer than normal this past week. Fortunately, some cooler (and more normal) weather is on the way for the upcoming week … but the warm temperatures didn’t stop us from enjoying our weekend. How did you spend you weekend?
Our weekend was full with two nights on the ballroom floor (including participating in a Quickstep formation), work, and golf. The Quickstep formation wasn’t a train wreck … a good thing, but I’m glad it’s over. Mother’s Day (Sunday in the US) wasn’t big in our house because we don’t have kids, and our mothers passed away in 1987 (mine) and 2013 (my wife’s). I thought the handbell choir did a good job with Morning Is Broken.
Meals: The Musical returns this week. Meat is the Act 4’s theme, so song titles must include meat(s) or any meat. Use a normal menu as a guideline. For instance, beef, steaks, and hamburger are acceptable, but cows are not. Sausage, ham, and pork are acceptable examples, but pigs are not. Seafood items are not acceptable. The producer is amicable to common sense. Curtain time is Wednesday, 9:30 pm (Eastern US).
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Hamburger Week, Craft Beer Week, Bike Week, Saluting to Moms 35+ Week, Reading is Fun Week, Women’s Health Week, Transportation Week, Return to Work Week, Nursing Home Week, Police Week, Food Allergy Awareness Week, Family Week, Work at Home Moms Week, Bike to Work Week, Etiquette Week, Neuropathy Awareness Week, Stuttering Awareness Week
- (Mon) Eat What You Want Day, Hostess Cupcake Day, Root Canal Appreciation Day, Twilight Zone Week, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Awareness Day, Jigsaw Puzzle Day, Mocha Torte Day, Women’s Check-up Day
- (Tues) Limerick Day, Odometer Day, Nurses Day, Nutty Fudge Day, Fatigue Syndrome Day
- (Wed) Blame Someone Else Day, Crouton Day, Donate a Day’s Wages to Charity Day, Third-Shift Workers Day, Receptionists Day, Apple Pie Day, Fruit Cocktail Day, Leprechaun Day, Cough Drop Day
- (Thurs) Chicken Dance Day, Buttermilk Biscuit Day, Crazy Day, Marshmallow Fluff (Creme) Day
To start your week, here’s Sugar Chile Robinson from a 1946 clip, which means Mr. Robinson is currently 76 years old. Enjoy and have a good week.
Hey hey hey … another weekend is done and gone. Tell us something about your weekend?
I had an evening of ballroom, dinners with sister-in-law and father-in-law, a going-away party, work, and Quickstep formation practice. We also attended a Reds baseball game. It was eventually cancelled due to rain, but we received our bobble head commemorating the 25th anniversary of the last time the Reds won the World Series (1990).
Meals: The Musical returns this week, but this act may be the most difficult. Act 3 featuring Sides, which means side dishes for the meal. Because of the broadness, there is a wide opportunity for creativity, and the producer understands that he needs to be somewhat flexible. Because the producer is the way he is, below are a few guidelines:
- The producer still has discretion
- Vegetables, which includes tomatoes, corn, and beans
- Grains, products of grains, nut, kinds of nuts
- Pastas, Soups
- Unacceptable: Fruit, any fruit, meat and any meat, any dessert, any beverage
I admit that I’ve been anxiously anticipating the opening act. Curtain time will be Wednesday, 9:30 PM (Eastern US).
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Karaoke Week, Lingerie Week, Mattress Turnover Week, Air Quality Awareness Week, Library Preservation Week, Jewish Heritage Week, Reading is Fun Week, Forest Week, Intergenerational Week, TV Turn-off Week, Volunteer Week, Consumer Protection Week, Playground Safety Week, Teacher Appreciation Week, Big Brothers/Sisters Appreciation Week
- (Mon) Drug Take Back Day, Tell a Story Day, Babe Ruth Day, Mantanzas Mule Day, Morse Code Day, Prime Rib Day, Woody Woodpecker Day, Childcare Professionals Day, Playground Safety Day
- (Tues) Biological Clock Day, Day for Safety & Health at Work, Workers Memorial Day, Blueberry Pie Day, Brave Hearts Day, Kiss Your Mate Day, Poetry Reading Day, Astronomy Day
- (Wed) Dance Day, Zipper Day, Peace Rose Day, Guide Dogs Day, Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare, World Wish Day, Shrimp Scampi Day, Rebuilding Day, Greenery Day, Gnocchi Day
- (Thurs) Bugs Bunny Day, Jazz Day, Adopt a Shelter Pet Day, Poem in Your Pocket Day, Honest Day, Animal Advocacy Day, Sarcoidosis Day, Oatmeal Cookie Day, Mr. Potato Head Day, Hairstyle Appreciation Day, Raisins Day
Honoring the last celebration listed above and the Act 2 of Meals: The Musical, here are three classic commercials to jump-start your week. Which is your favorite? Have a good rest of the week.
Good weather came upon Cincinnati this weekend. Warm, pleasant temperatures, blue skies, and mild breezes. Perfect for the spring cleaning in the yard … but hey … no more of that for me!
How was your weather? What did you do this weekend?
Ours included a dance, work, a neighborhood wine event, and Quick Step formation practice. Looking ahead, I’m hoping for a full week of posting.
Meals: The Musical returns this week. Act 2 features Fruits. Song titles must include fruit(s) or any nutritional fruit in the song title. There are many choices available, so hopefully last week’s record of 5 rejection buzzers won’t be topped. Warning: The producer considers tomatoes as a vegetable.
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Garden Week, Harmony Week, Be Kind to Animals Week, Guitar Week, Reading is Fun Week, Home Safety Week, Volunteer Week, Library Week, Public Safety Telecommunications Week, Student Employment Week, Private Property Week, Dark Sky Week, Week of the Young Child, Pan American Week, American Indian Awareness Week, Undergraduate Research Week, Health Information Privacy and Security Week
- (Mon) Scrabble Day, First Elephant in America Day, Peach Cobbler Day, Blame Someone Else Day, Plant Appreciation Day, Thai-Lao-Burmese New Year
- (Tues) Moment of Laughter Day, Library Workers Day, Dictionary Day, Ex-Spouse Day, Children with Alopecia Day, Equal Pay Day, Be Kind to Lawyers Day, Dolphin Day, Library Day, Pecan Day, Bengali New Year, Pan American Day
- (Wed) Holocaust Remembrance Day, Take a Wild Guess Day, That Sucks Day, Titanic Remembrance Day, Husband Appreciation Day, Leonardo da Vinci Day, World Art Day, Rubber Eraser Day, Art History Day, Jackie Robinson Day, McDonald’s Day, Go Fly a Kit, Book Mobile Day, Glazed Spiral Ham Day, Art History Day
- (Thurs) High Five Day, Day of the Mushroom, Save the Elephant Day, Celebrate Teen Literature Day, Get to Know Your Customers Day, Ask An Atheist Day, Eggs Benedict Day, Health Care Decisions Day, Stress Awareness Day, Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day
Friday’s post included an image of a pig on a motorcycle. Saturday’s post featured cartoon legend Porky Pig … so, let’s make it a pig trilogy. Have a good week!
Warm weather was upon Cincinnati this weekend. What was the weather like in your part of the world? Tell us about your weekend.
As with most weekends, ours was filled with a variety. From ballroom dance to attending our first Reds baseball game of the season … from organizing our recent mess to planting new plants … from attending a birthday party to playing handbells. Yep .. we stayed busy.
Knowing that some of my readers enjoying hearing the handbell pieces we play, click here for Fantasy on Terra Beata, which is interesting and we received kind words from numerous attendees.
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) American Craft Beer Week, Police Week, Food Allergy Awareness Week, Nursing Home Week, Hospital Week, Return to Work Week, Transportation Week, Women’s Health Week, Reading is Fun Week, Children Book Week, Salute to Moms Over 35 Week, Bike to Work Week, Dog Bite Prevention Week, Neuropathy Awareness Week, Stuttering Awareness Week, Pet Week, Music Week, Etiquette Week, Historic Preservation Week
- (Mon) Limerick Day, Nutty Fudge Day, Odometer Day, Women’s Check-up Day
- (Tues) Frog Jumping Day, Hug Your Cat Day, Cough Drop Day, Leprechaun Day, Blame Someone Else Day, Apple Pie Day, Fruit Cocktail Day
- (Wed) Donate a Day’s Wages to Charity Day, Chicken Dance Day, Night-shirt/Third-Shift Workers Day, Crazy Day, Stars and Stripes Forever Day, Marshmallow Fluff Day, Buttermilk Biscuit Day
- (Thurs) Brown Bag Thursday, Over the Rainbow Day, Straw Hat Day, Dinosaur Day, Nylon Stockings Day, Tuberous Sclerosis Day, Chocolate Chip Day, MPS Awareness Day, Day of Families, Hyperemisis Gravidarum Awareness Day
With this weekend includes Hug Your Cat Day, that reminds me of this funny video that I’ve used before. Enjoy … and have a good week.