Starting August 28, 2008, covering 38 categories, receiving 3,004 comments, and a meager 29,826 hits, today is my 600th post. Of course about half of those comments are mine because I believe I should take the time to reply to the commenter and the number of hits is what it is, thus every blogger wants more.
Being humble and modest, I celebrate this occasion in the way I typically deal with numbers – a post about that number.
600 is divisible by all numbers 10 or less (but greater than zero) except 7 and 9
Only 7 players have hit the 600 HR milestone: Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, Ken Griffey Jr, and Alex Rodriguez.
$600 US Dollars = 448.675 euros, 375.77 UK Pounds, 595 Canadian dollars, 49,615.13 Japanese Yen, and 27,279 Indian Rupees
Six hundred translates into Zes honderd (Dutch), seicento (Italian), sex hundra (Swedish), Hatszáz (Hungarian), and DC (Roman numerals).
It’s very difficult to get credit with a credit score of 600 or below.
The Coca-Cola 600 is NASCAR’s longest race.
Six Hundred Degrees is a bakery in Tofino, BC
Here’s a New York Times story entitled “Six Hundred Sign, Doors, and Stoplights”
600 riders were in Tennyson’s The Charge of the Light Brigade
At age 600, Noah builds and boards the ark. (Genesis 7:6)
600 AD (CE)
- A leap year starting on a Friday
- Berber calendar 1550, Coptic calendar 316-317, and Hebrew calendar 4360-4361
- World population passed 208 million people
- Smallpox arrived in Europe
- Sweden’s King Ingvar invades Estonia, but the locals kill him.
- The Persians began using windmills for irrigation
- The Hopewell Indian culture was fading in North America
- Pope Gregory I gives us Gregorian chants.
- Armenia created
- Nebuchadnezzar reign builds the Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- Pompeii founded
- Etruscans capture Rome
- First known use of iron (China)
Thanks for visiting today and in the post – yet hoping you return in the days ahead.