Welcome to Pronouns 2: The Musical.
Some may ask, “Pronouns?”, but we at A Frank Angle say, “Why not pronouns!”
Why a sequel to Pronouns? Again, “Why not!”
Act 1: My
Act 2: Mine
Act 3: Our
Act 4: Their
Act 5: Your
Act 6: Self
The greatest self is a peaceful smile, that always sees the world smiling back. (Bryant H. McGill, author)
Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self. (Karen Salmansohn, author)
There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self. (Aldous Huxley, novelist)
If we lose love and self-respect for each other, this is how we finally die. (Maya Angelou, poet)
Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self. (May Sarton, poet)
This above all; to thine own self be true. (William Shakespeare, dramatist)
Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement. (Golda Meir, leader)
- Songs must have one of the acceptable words (listed below) in the title
- Acceptable words will be Self, Itself, Herself, Himself, Myself, Ourselves, Yourselves, and Themselves
- Special dispensation will be given to Its songs – but The Producer cautions because It’s is unacceptable
- No duplicates songs regardless of artists
- Foreign language equivalents unacceptable
- Beware of Its versus It’s
- To prevent browsers crashing from loading too many videos, please
Include the song title and artist in your text, and
- Paste the URL as part of your last line (not a new line). The latter will provide a link, thus not embed the actual video … but I don’t mind unembedding, so apologies are not necessary.
Welcome to the final act of Pronouns 2: The Musical feature Self. Before introducing the opening act, we have a special announcement.
Starting in early January 2019 – probably January 5th – aFa Productions will be providing a new music event: the aFa Weekend Concert Series. This will feature songs from one artist. The Happy New Year post will announce the who will open the series. We can say that the first 5 artists have agreed to the scheduling. However, this does not mean the end of musicals. Actually, we’ve selected the next theme, and see opening in late April or early May.
We had many great songs and artists in our final list to determining the closing act’s opener. Good news that we know the list of available for this act is lengthy. The Act 6 opener will take us back to the early MTV days. Actually, 1984. It’s the title song of a platinum-selling album. Ladies and gentlemen, loud cheers for Laura Branigan with Self Control.