Another weekend has past. What did you do?
A portion of Christianity (not the Orthodox) celebrated the highest Holy Day of the church calendar, thus we attended a wonderful service – plus hosting my father-in-law for dinner. Surprise, surprise … no ballroom for us this weekend because we traveled to northern Indiana to visit an aunt who recently moved.
With my weekend travels, I’m behind on replying to comments on Saturday’s Explore travels to India. Couple that with being behind on visiting, I won’t be posting on Tuesday … thus the next post will be Wednesday, Satire Bits. I have posts in the queue that I could use, but passing on a day is the right thing to do.
Monday is Opening Day in Cincinnati as the Reds start the baseball season. It’s a big day here, so I may spend a few hours walking around downtown taking in the sights and the festivities … but I won’t decide until Monday morning. Until Major League Baseball (MLB) elevated their level of greed, Opening Day in Cincinnati was the official start to the season for the entire league … but no more as officially starts Sunday night for television dollars … and even (some years) somewhere aboard … therefore, we in Cincinnati simply ignore that event.
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Straw Hat Week, Astronomy Week, Scoop the Poop Week, Read a Road Map Week, Bat Appreciation Week, Library Week, Robotics Week, Explore Your Career Options Week, Blue Ribbon Week, Public Health Week, Window Safety Week, Egg Salad Week, Mule Days, Bake Week, Medic Alert Week, Publicity Stunt Week, Cherry Blossom Week, Week of the Young Child, Birthparents Week
- (Mon) Jump Over Things Day, Caramel Popcorn Day, Sorry Charlie Day, New Beers Eve, Plan Your Epitaph Day, Tartan Day, North Pole Day, TV Dinner Day, Post-It Notes Day, Teflon Day, Tater Day for Sweet Potatoes, Hostess Twinkie Day, North Pole Day, Drowsy Drive Awareness Day, Day of Sport for Development & Peace, Alcohol Screening Day
- (Tues) Beer Day, Beaver Day, Coffee Cake Day, Metric System Day, No Housework Day, Snailpapers Day, Public Television Day, Empowered Women Entrepreneurs Day, World Health Organization Day, Sexual Assault Awareness Day of Action
- (Wed) Draw a Bird Day, Roma Day, Dog Fighting Awareness Day, Empanada Day, Trading Cards for Grown-Ups Day, All is Ours Day, Zoo Lovers Day, Tutor Appreciation Day, Milk in Glass Bottles Day, Astronomy Day
- (Thurs) Name Yourself Day, Cherish an Antique Day, Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day, D.A.R.E Day, Chinese Almond Cookie Day, Bataan Day, TV Guide Day, Powdered Milk Day, Listening Day, Jenkins Ear Day, Winston Churchill Day, Appomattox Day
There are times when opposites attract, thus making odd friendships or couples. Enjoy these examples from the unexpected. Have a good week.
Warm weather arrived this weekend in Cincinnati. Then again, March has a tendency to be a big tease. After this winter, Sunday’s sun and warmth were simply marvelous.
How was your weekend? Mine was a bit full as it included a night of ballroom, ushering at the Playhouse (Peter and the Starcatcher), a wine tasting (our church group featuring wines from Paso Robles, California), working, and practice for the quick-step formation. As as I sit to prepare this post, whew … it’s great to be sitting at home.
FYI: The play serves a prequel to Peter Pan, but it’s written in a Monty Python sort of way – that is, with a lot of one-liners meant for adults. In other words, it really wasn’t a play for kids.
Saturday’s Donald Duck post was well received. Interestingly, did you notice that Donald Duck Day was this past Friday?
On the blogging front, the week ahead is a bit uncertain, so I’m aiming for resuming Wednesday’s Satire Bits, and Friday’s Opinion in the Shorts – and in the latter, I hope to announce the next musical.
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Straw Hat Week, Act Happy Week, Goof-Off Week, Well-Elderly Week, Wildlife Week, Folktales & Fables Week, Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Week, YoYo and Skills Toys Days, Chocolate Week, Food Safety Awareness Week, Animal Poison Prevention Week, Termites Awareness Week, Poison Prevention Week, Shakespeare Week, Art Week, Clean Your Closet Week, Go Nuts Over Texas Peanuts Week, Clutter Awareness Week, Anonymous Giving Week, Spring Fever Week
- (Mon) Lips Appreciation Day, No Selfies Day, Everything You Do is Right Day, Quilt Day, Freedom of Information Day, Goddard Day, Well-Elderly Day, Artichokes Hearts Day, Doctor-Patient Trust Day, Vitamin C Day, Panda Day, Pre-School Teachers Appreciation Day
- (Tues) Rubber Band Day, Green Beer Day, Submarine Day, Corned Beef & Cabbage Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Right Angle Birthday
- (Wed) Kick Butts Day, Awkward Moments Day, First Space Walk Day, Forgive Mom & Dad Day, Agriculture Day, Supreme Sacrifice Day, Sun-Earth Day, Sparky the Fire Dog Day, Sloppy Joe Day
- (Thurs) Let’s Laugh Day, Chocolate Caramel Day, Client’s Day, Goddess of Fertility Day, Companies that Care Day, Swallows Return to Capistrano Day, Absolutely Incredible Kid Day, Social Work Day, Certified Nurses Day
It’s time to start your week with a smile – so enjoy these grins from the past. Have a good week!
To say our life has been a whirlwind of late is an understatement. The old homestead (which we are still in) is officially not ours, and the new place should be ours Monday morning.
If moving isn’t enough stress, last Thursday we received VERY unexpected news regarding the new place … so unexpected, we sought legal counsel. Although there is progress and the closing should be smooth, the news took a huge bite out of packing time, thus now I’m fearful of not being ready.
Meanwhile, our move day is in a few days, our router will be going offline (maybe already so) and hopefully it will be up and running in the new place in short order … but only time will tell. But hey … the show goes on because the Explorer series continues.
I know you count on me to pass along chance to celebrate … and there are good ones in this list.
Celebrations for your week (17th-23rd)
- (Week) Chocolate Week, Act Happy Week, Straw Hat Week, Clean Your Closet Week, Goof-Off Week, Clutter Awareness Week, Anonymous Giving Week
- (Mon) Rubber Band Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Submarine Day, Irish Coffee Day, Green Beer Day
- (Tues) Awkward Moments Day, Forgive Mom & Dad Day, Sun-Earth Day, Oatmeal Cookies Day, Supreme Sacrifice Day, Biodiesel Day
- (Wed) Kick Butts Day, Chocolate Caramel Day, Swallows Return to Capistrano Day, Poultry Day, Social Work Day, Let’s Laugh Day
- (Thurs) Snowman Burning Day, Big Bird Day (Sesame Street), Ravioli Day, Alien Abduction Day, Astrology Day (I’m Aquarius … your sign?), Jump Out Day, Proposal Day, Won’t You Be My Neighbor Day, Day of Happiness
- (Fri) Dance Day, Down Syndrome Day (Trisomy-21), Memory Day, Common Courtesy Day, Puppy Day, Brain Injury Awareness Day, Poetry Day, Forests & Trees Day
- (Sat) Goof-Off Day, As Young As You Feel Day, Day of the Seal, Roller Coaster Day, Bavarian Crepes Day, Badminton Day, Sing Out Day, Francophone Day, World Day for Water
- (Sun) Turtle Day, Chip & Dip Day, Kick Butt Day, OK Day, Near Miss Day
My favorites above are Goof-Off Week (oh I wish I could), Snowman Burning Day, Dance Day, and my wife’s birthday (which I didn’t list). Meanwhile, I will have more Exploring posts this week.
For your Monday Morning Entertainment, here’s a comedian who defines hyper! Enjoy, and have a good week.