How was your weekend? I hope it was filled with joy and good spirits. Meanwhile, feel free to share about it because I enjoy reading about your life.
My legs are tired … not sore – just tired. Yep … you guessed it … we danced Friday night, attended a dance workshop Saturday afternoon, danced Saturday night, and closed the dancing weekend with a few spins around the floor on Sunday. We also took my father-in-law to a Sunday brunch, plus watched The Blind Side (again). Now there’s a movie showing humanity’s good side!
Act 16 marks the return of Life: The Musical returns. Death is the next-to-the-last act featuring songs with death, die, died, or dead in the title. Curtain time is Wednesday at 9:30 PM (US Eastern), so get your songs ready.
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Freshly Squeezed Juice Week, Bald Eagle Appreciation Healthy Weight Week, Hunt for Happiness Week, Snowmobile Safety & Awareness Week, Handwriting Analysis Week, No Name Calling Week, Sugar Awareness Week, Special Education Week, Dance to Different Music Week
- (Mon) Brew a Potion Day, Hat Day, Popcorn Day, Tin Can Day, Whisper I Love You Day, Sing-out Day, Day of Service, New Friends Day, Day of Migrants & Refugees
- (Tues) Penguin Awareness Day, Disc Jockey Day, Cheese Day, Learn to Ski Day, Buttercrunch Day, Camcorder Day, Rid the Word of Fad Diets & Gimmicks Day
- (Wed) Hugging Day, Squirrel Appreciation Day, Granola Bar Day, Send a Hug Day
- (Thurs) Answer Your Cat’s Questions Day, Poka Dot Day, Come in from the Cold Day, Blonde Brownie Day, Data Innovation Day, Women’s Healthy Weight Day
For those who expected starting your week around Popcorn Day, well … this one is for you, so click This. (No click on, just click … and writing the directive was for Val, but it’s meant for everyone.)
To start your week with a chuckle, enjoy this commercial that I saw for the first time this weekend. Have a good week.
Gov. Christie (R-NJ) is doing his best to dodge the Bridgegate bullets. Although I’m currently giving him the benefit of the doubt, he is directly responsible for setting the tone for his office … and that is one of the things bothering me about this situation.
Interesting how numerous Republicans are defending Gov. Christie by using Benghazi, which actually has nothing to do with the issue.
Here’s an interesting article about how the Affordable Care Act is affecting Congressional staff.
On This Week’s Headlines from The Onion
English professor suddenly realizes student will believe literally anything she says
Pilot tells passengers he’s about to try something
Shy man narrowly evades free sample
Peewee hockey player wishes dad cared enough to fight at games
Vacationing man excited to try fast food franchise not found in hometown
Unemployed, miserable man still remembers teacher who made him fall in love with writing
Some economic myths
Pompeii and religion
For pet lovers: one for cat lovers, and one for dog lovers
The acquisition of California
Creating motion by clicking fast
Secret bid and the Hopi artifacts
The Onion’s tips for getting pregnant
Short OITS and I haven’t been making my normal rounds – can you tell that my efforts are elsewhere at the moment?
Given the current craziness in at this end, I figure it’s a week-to-week situation. Therefore, I probably won’t post each day next week.
Here are your weekend celebrations
- (Fri) Fetish Day, Hot Buttered Rum Day, Hot Heads Chili Day, Cable Car Day, Ditch Your New Year’s Resolution Day
- (Sat) Winnie the Pooh Day, Bald Eagle Appreciation Weekend, Thesaurus Day, Peking Duck Day
- (Sun) Popcorn Day, Tin Can Day, Whisper “I Love You” Day, Brew a Potion Day
Let’s use an instrumental hit from 1972 to send everyone into the weekend, which also is very fitting for a Sunday celebration. Have a safe weekend and in the words of Garrison Keillor, Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.