(24th) I organized this series involving my Flashbacks around specialized topic; however, real life as us encountering multiple topics all at once. Here’s a potpourri of posts. Enjoy, visit as many as you want, and I hope you comment on the post you visited.
Summer is approaching, which also means people are planning vacations. I know a certain Canadian and a New Yorker who are researching ideas for coming to Ohio for other reasons than seeing me. So, being a thoughtful soul, in upcoming weeks I want to offer Vacation Ohio suggestions to my friends and readers.
Like any of state, Ohio has its share of festivals. Some festivals honor/feature food items as corn, walleye, perch, fish, strawberries, grapes, gourds, potatoes, melons, pumpkins, sugar maple, bratwurst, apples, sweet corn, BBQ, ice cream, maple, sauerkraut, honey, caramel, pork, and apple butter.
Others offer tributes to various heritages as French, Germans, Greeks, Irish, Italians, Polish, and Swiss. Now throw in other odds-and-ends as arts, tobacco, carnations, rivers, dams, covered bridges, antiques, sternwheelers, baskets, Ohio beer, wine, blues, jazz, quilts, films, dogwoods, Celtic music, railroads, hot air balloons, chalk art, leaves, and scarecrows.
On the other hand, here are a few that may interest adventure seekers of all ages. I listed them in chronological order, and one could combine them together for an extraordinary weekend. Most of these have a web site for more information. Welcome to the Buckeye State! Plus here’s are links to Ohio Tourism, Ohio Fest, and the Ohio Festival and Events Association.
- Dandelion Festival, May 6-7 (Dover)
- Wild Turkey Festival, May 5-8 (McArthur)
- Moonshine Festival, May 26-30 (New Straitsville)
- Dean Martin Festival, June 17-19 (Steubenville)
- Washboard Music Festival, June 16-18 (Logan)
- Duct Tape Festival, June 16-18 (Avon)
- GutterFest, July 30 (Homerville)
- Twin Days, Aug 5-7 (Twinsburg)
- Popcorn Festival, Sept 8-10 (Marion)
- Paw Paw Festival, Sept 16-18 (Albany)
- Pretzel Festival, Sept 24-25, (Germantown)
Image from DreamTime.com