The Iowa State Fair got more than its fair share of news this weekend. For those who missed my Saturday Breaking News Iowa updates via Facebook, I included them below.
- Palin and Bachmann to wrestle in corn dog batter this evening
- Funnel cake batter presidential hair look-alike contest at 4
- Straw poll voters stumped by this question: Outside of Ron Paul, which GOP presidential candidate has an original idea?
- Bachmann rails against pork spending – Romney vows to buy grand champion pig
- Bachmann convinces Palin to shoot Romney’s new pig
- Bachmann wins event where people pay to vote
County, state fairs, and local festivals are known to have signature foods and events. Well, I celebrated the weekend with my first-ever deep-fried Twinkie – but it wasn’t at a fair.
So, to start your week and in honor of summer events of Americana, here’s a two-minute tribute to Mashed Potato Wrestling. Have a good week!