Greetings … so how was your weekend?
How about your weather? Cincinnati started cold zero F (-17 C), but hey hey hey, Sunday’s temp climbed to mid-30s (2 C). Then again, I know some of you are more northern than I.
Our weekend centered around the ballroom. Our tango formation attended a competition as an exhibition. All considered, we did OK … but I enjoyed watching a variety of individual competitors. Some of you ladies would have enjoyed the gowns. Simply wow … and at the exhibits I noticed that dresses priced over $4K!
After a hectic day, we took Saturday night to finally watch the Kennedy Center Honors show. That was awesome entertainment. Did you see it?
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Cuckoo Dancing Week, Vocation Awareness Week, No Tillage Week, Universal Letter Writing Week
- (Mon) Feast of the Fabulous Wild Men Day, Marzipan Day, Curried Chicken Day, Pharmacist Day, Clean Off Your Desk Day
- (Tues) Blame Someone Else Day, Rubber Duckie Day, Make Your Dream Come True Day, Poetry at Work Day, Public Radio Broadcasting Day, Peach Melba Day
- (Wed) Kite Day, Dress Up Your Pet Day, Bald Eagle Appreciation Day, Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day, Organize Your Home Day
- (Thurs) Humanitarian Day, Champion of the Month Day, Elementary School Teacher Day, Freshly Squeezed Juice Day, Get to Know Your Customers Day, Strawberry Ice Cream Day, Snowflake Bentley Day
Given that many of you enjoyed Mahna Mahna to start last week, thought I would use The Muppets to highlight one of the daily celebrations above. Did you notice it? Have a good week!
Last weekend, those of us in the eastern USA were getting blasted by bitter cold. For us in Cincinnati, today was sunny and in the low 40s. What a difference a week makes!
We started the weekend expecting a low-key weekend. After time on the ballroom floor Friday night, we returned home to a message saying we have an offer on our house. YIKES! … we definitely weren’t prepared for that news.
Saturday involved errands, including a meeting with our realtor to develop a counter offer. Saturday night we stayed home and watched Jack Reacher.
Sunday morning was handbell time. Pavane is a slow piece with long notes, which makes it very vulnerable for a 14-member choir. Here’s a duet during the same piece. If that’s not enough, here’s a soloist … but it’s still a tricky song to place.
Shortly after lunch, our realtor called with the news that the buyers accepted our offer! So now we wait to see if the deal falls in place; plus time will tell how this affects may blogging routine. After all, demands have already taken a bite out of my visits.
How was you weekend? Tell us about it!
Celebrations for your week ahead.
- (Week) Cuckoo Week, Dance Week, Letter Writing Week
- (Mon) Clean Off Your Desk Day, Rubber Duckie Day, Coming of Age Day, Pubic Radio Broadcasting Day, Peach Melba Day
- (Tues) Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day, Dress Up Your Pet Day, Poetry at Work Day, Organize Your Home Day
- (Wed) Strawberry Ice Cream Day, Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice Day, Humanitarian Day
- (Thurs) Appreciate a Dragon Day, Nothing Day, Fig Newton Day, Women in Blue Jeans Day, Get to Know Your Customers Day
Because it’s Cuckoo Week and Dancing Week, this is close enough to both. Enjoy and have a great week.