Given the anniversary of an important event as the wall of the Berlin Wall, the trivialness of college football had to wait a day.
Last week allowed fans to witness Oregon laying an egg at Stanford, which leads to one reason why I like observing PAC-10 football – the leader continues to be surprised! Then there’s Iowa who got their eyes scratched out by regular nemesis Northwestern. The sweater vest vies for some respect with an impressive road win, but is it enough to get into this elite ranking? Interestingly, most of the this week’s upward movement had more to do with team’s losing rather than top teams winning.
But wait – next week is big as most of the top teams take to the road, so this angle is interested in next weekend.
Up- Alabama, Florida, Georgia Tech, Texas, Cincinnati, TCU, Boise
Down- Oregon, Iowa
Back – Houston
They’ve Earned It Top 10
- Alabama (9-0) Next: @ Mississippi State
- Florida (8-0) Next: @ South Carolina
- Georgia Tech (7-1) Next: @ Duke
- Cincinnati (8-0) Next: West Virginia
- Texas (8-0) Next: @ Baylor
- TCU (8-0) Next: Utah
- Houston (8-1) Next: @ UCF
- Iowa (9-0) Next: @ Ohio State
- Boise (8-0) Next: Idaho
- Oregon (7-1) Next: Arizona State
Besides games involving the top 10 teams, here are the potential ranking-impact games.
- Stanford @ USC
- Miami (FL) @ North Carolina
- Arizona @ Cal
- Notre Dame @ Pitt