It’s challenge time!
Long-time visitors to my little corner of the world know that writing fiction isn’t my thing. With over 1,900 posts, I’ve written one fiction post. Actually two because the original post did turn into a short story challenge that involved me changing my original story.
Not that I’m changing my format in on these pages, but what the heck – let’s try it again!
1. Write a short story based on the image below in the genre of your choice.
2. The story must be 150 words or less.
3. Publish your story after I post mine (Monday, July 10th @ 12:15 am Eastern US) AND link back to the post with my story (not this post).
4. Display the image above your story
5. The story title must be Footprints in the Sand
6. Display the following image after the story.
What would you choose to do if you were guaranteed not to fail?
This question was put forth by one of my pastors in a church sermon, and it has been bugging me ever since. To me it didn’t mean getting rid of a dreadful disease as cancer with one simple fairy tale type of wish. After all, I don’t know anything about cancer research. Nor do I think it meant anything like racing in and winning the Kentucky Derby or Indianapolis 500; nor hitting a series winning grand slam with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th of game 7.
Since it’s not about waving a magic wound or a personal fantasy, it must be making a choice in the parameters of your own life; including where one could make a difference.
What choice would I make and for what reason? Sadly, I don’t know; but I’m thinking.
Human life is a series of connections as the action of one gets passed on to others; and this domino effect is powerful! Although I struggle with answering the question, it is still a good question to ponder; thus I leave it to you.