Hey hey hey … another weekend is done and gone. Tell us something about your weekend?
I had an evening of ballroom, dinners with sister-in-law and father-in-law, a going-away party, work, and Quickstep formation practice. We also attended a Reds baseball game. It was eventually cancelled due to rain, but we received our bobble head commemorating the 25th anniversary of the last time the Reds won the World Series (1990).
Meals: The Musical returns this week, but this act may be the most difficult. Act 3 featuring Sides, which means side dishes for the meal. Because of the broadness, there is a wide opportunity for creativity, and the producer understands that he needs to be somewhat flexible. Because the producer is the way he is, below are a few guidelines:
- The producer still has discretion
- Vegetables, which includes tomatoes, corn, and beans
- Grains, products of grains, nut, kinds of nuts
- Pastas, Soups
- Unacceptable: Fruit, any fruit, meat and any meat, any dessert, any beverage
I admit that I’ve been anxiously anticipating the opening act. Curtain time will be Wednesday, 9:30 PM (Eastern US).
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Karaoke Week, Lingerie Week, Mattress Turnover Week, Air Quality Awareness Week, Library Preservation Week, Jewish Heritage Week, Reading is Fun Week, Forest Week, Intergenerational Week, TV Turn-off Week, Volunteer Week, Consumer Protection Week, Playground Safety Week, Teacher Appreciation Week, Big Brothers/Sisters Appreciation Week
- (Mon) Drug Take Back Day, Tell a Story Day, Babe Ruth Day, Mantanzas Mule Day, Morse Code Day, Prime Rib Day, Woody Woodpecker Day, Childcare Professionals Day, Playground Safety Day
- (Tues) Biological Clock Day, Day for Safety & Health at Work, Workers Memorial Day, Blueberry Pie Day, Brave Hearts Day, Kiss Your Mate Day, Poetry Reading Day, Astronomy Day
- (Wed) Dance Day, Zipper Day, Peace Rose Day, Guide Dogs Day, Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare, World Wish Day, Shrimp Scampi Day, Rebuilding Day, Greenery Day, Gnocchi Day
- (Thurs) Bugs Bunny Day, Jazz Day, Adopt a Shelter Pet Day, Poem in Your Pocket Day, Honest Day, Animal Advocacy Day, Sarcoidosis Day, Oatmeal Cookie Day, Mr. Potato Head Day, Hairstyle Appreciation Day, Raisins Day
Honoring the last celebration listed above and the Act 2 of Meals: The Musical, here are three classic commercials to jump-start your week. Which is your favorite? Have a good rest of the week.
Good weather came upon Cincinnati this weekend. Warm, pleasant temperatures, blue skies, and mild breezes. Perfect for the spring cleaning in the yard … but hey … no more of that for me!
How was your weather? What did you do this weekend?
Ours included a dance, work, a neighborhood wine event, and Quick Step formation practice. Looking ahead, I’m hoping for a full week of posting.
Meals: The Musical returns this week. Act 2 features Fruits. Song titles must include fruit(s) or any nutritional fruit in the song title. There are many choices available, so hopefully last week’s record of 5 rejection buzzers won’t be topped. Warning: The producer considers tomatoes as a vegetable.
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Garden Week, Harmony Week, Be Kind to Animals Week, Guitar Week, Reading is Fun Week, Home Safety Week, Volunteer Week, Library Week, Public Safety Telecommunications Week, Student Employment Week, Private Property Week, Dark Sky Week, Week of the Young Child, Pan American Week, American Indian Awareness Week, Undergraduate Research Week, Health Information Privacy and Security Week
- (Mon) Scrabble Day, First Elephant in America Day, Peach Cobbler Day, Blame Someone Else Day, Plant Appreciation Day, Thai-Lao-Burmese New Year
- (Tues) Moment of Laughter Day, Library Workers Day, Dictionary Day, Ex-Spouse Day, Children with Alopecia Day, Equal Pay Day, Be Kind to Lawyers Day, Dolphin Day, Library Day, Pecan Day, Bengali New Year, Pan American Day
- (Wed) Holocaust Remembrance Day, Take a Wild Guess Day, That Sucks Day, Titanic Remembrance Day, Husband Appreciation Day, Leonardo da Vinci Day, World Art Day, Rubber Eraser Day, Art History Day, Jackie Robinson Day, McDonald’s Day, Go Fly a Kit, Book Mobile Day, Glazed Spiral Ham Day, Art History Day
- (Thurs) High Five Day, Day of the Mushroom, Save the Elephant Day, Celebrate Teen Literature Day, Get to Know Your Customers Day, Ask An Atheist Day, Eggs Benedict Day, Health Care Decisions Day, Stress Awareness Day, Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day
Friday’s post included an image of a pig on a motorcycle. Saturday’s post featured cartoon legend Porky Pig … so, let’s make it a pig trilogy. Have a good week!
Another weekend leads to another Monday … so how was your weekend?
Mine was a blend of activity and some work around the new residence, but the active side included time in the ballroom, a neighborhood golf outing, and going out to dinner. My wife also volunteered at a local art show that attracts many regional artists … Summerfair is a great event – especially when the weather cooperates.
This weekend also welcomed a new month. For those who missed it, this recent post informs you of June’s month-long celebrations.
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Fishing Week, Step-Parents Week, Teacher Thank You Week, Hug Holiday Week, Brain Tumor Awareness Week, Headache Awareness Week, Volunteer Week, Safe Boating Week, Fragrance Week, America the Beautiful Week
- (Mon) Leave the Office Early Day, Yell ‘Fudge’ at the Cobras in North America Day, Dare Day, TGIM – Thank God It’s Monday, Chocolate Macaroon Day
- (Tues) Repeat Day, Rocky Road Ice Cream Day, Itch Day, Chimborazo Day, Repeat Day
- (Wed) Audacity to Hope day, Tailors Day, Old Maid’s Day, Frozen Yogurt Day, International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- (Thurs) Apple II Day, Hot Air Balloon Day, Moonshine Day, Running Day, Environment Day, Festival of Popular Delusions Day, Gingerbread Day
A trip to the beach is a common summer vacation, so on your next trip to the sandy shores, keep this scene from Mr. Bean in mind. For many of my southern hemisphere readers, think of your beach times from the summer. Have a good week!
We had fantastic weather this past weekend … all in advance to what appears to be a rainy week ahead. Tell us about your weekend.
Our weekend included ballroom time, exploring some new trails and sights. and playing handbells at the dedication service of our church’s new sanctuary. I was able to play through the elbow problems as I used some creative problem solving to reduce the stress on the elbow ligaments.
Life: The Musical – Act 3 is on the docket this week with the curtain rising on Wednesday at 9:30 PM (US Eastern). This week’s also has a twist. Song titles must include a first name .. but first names can only be used once.
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Scoop the Poop Week, Air Quality Awareness Week, Tattoo Week, Forest Week, Lingerie Week, Intergenerational Week, TV Turn-off Week, Volunteer Week, Consumer Protection Week, Playground Safety Week, Big Brothers/Sisters Appreciation Week
- (Mon) Biological Clock Day, Holocaust Remembrance Day, Blueberry Pie Day
- (Tues) Dance Day, Peace Rose Day, Wish Day, Zipper Day, Shrimp Scampi Day, Gnocchi Day
- (Wed) Mr. Potato Head Day, Bugs Bunny Day, Jazz Day, Animal Advocacy Day, Honesty Day, Spank Out Day, Oatmeal Cookies Day, Raisin Day, Hairball Awareness Day, Adopt a Shelter Pet Day, Walpurgis Night
- (Thurs) May Day, Batman Day, Global Love Day, Law Day, Lei Day, Loyalty Day, Bubba Day, Mother Goose Day, Day of Reason, Stepmothers Day, New Homeowners Day, Beltane, Chocolate Parfait Day
Because last Friday was Penguin Day while this Tuesday is Dance Day, seems logical that I should start your week with dancing penguins. Enjoy … and have a great week.
It’s the start of a new week, so how was your weekend? Come on now, tell us about it.
Ours included dance time, a shopping trip, more reorganizing, walking in the new neighborhood, and our dinner group met. Nuts was the theme and the evening include our host dressing as Mr. Peanut plus wonderful food, wine, and company. Appetizers was our course, so we provided Rosemary Roasted Cashews, Stuffed Mushrooms with Pecans, and Goat Cheese, Grape, & Pistachio Truffles.
Not sure how many posts I will have this week, so time will tell. Then again, it’s also important to continue reconnecting with readers on their blogs.
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Money Smart Week, Bat Appreciation Week, Explore Your Career Options Week, Animal Control Appreciation Week, Volunteer Week, Window Safety Week , Read a Road Map Week, Bake Week
- (Mon) Beaver Day, Snailpapers Day, Metric System Day, Beer Day, No Housework Day, Coffee Cake Day, Sweet Potato Day, Day of Remembrance of Victims of Genocide
- (Tues) Draw a Bird Day, Roma Day, Trading Cards for Grown-ups Day
- (Wed) Cherish an Antique Day, Former POWs Recognition Day, Winston Churchill Day, Jenkins Ear Day, Name Yourself Day, Chinese Almond Cookie Day
- (Thurs) Farm Animals Day, Sibling Day, Safety Pin Day, Cinnamon Crescent Day
Last week I opened April with a video from the BBC about the spaghetti harvest in southern Switzerland. In a similar situation, did you see the report about the devastated marshmallow crop in North Carolina? For your Monday Morning Entertainment, see for yourself. Have a good week!